Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

ebgbdc

Punta Cana Recommendations??

BF and I are heading the Dominican Republic in May and we'll be staying at an all-inclusive, which seems to be the norm there... I'm not a fan of the all-inclusives, and I have heard bad things about the food at these places. But we honestly got such a deal that we couldn't pass it up. We figured we'll make some headway on the free rum drinks, if nothing else! That said-- since we DID get such a bargain, we don't feel compelled to eat every single meal at the resort (Barcelo Dominican Beach).

Any good dining spots we should check out in Punta Cana?? Thanks!

Anyone familiar with Rio San Juan? Wife and daughter are headed to the DR this week. They'll spend most of their time at an orphanage near Rio San Juan and eating meals prepared for them there. But, their trip is planning a day in Rio San Juan where they'll be able to go to a restaurant. Any suggestions? If no particular restaurant suggestions, what are some recommended dishes that should be good in most restaurants there?

Has anyone recently traveled to the DR? Headed out for a 5 day trip with an old college friend and we will want to get away from the all inclusive for a nice dinner probably near Playa Bavaro, recommendations appreciated, price no obstacle!