Todd English's Olives Has Closed

DonRocks

This evening, before service, it was announced to the staff by Todd English himself that Olives is closing "for renovations" after service ends tonight.

What does this mean?

First of all, you have to give Todd English credit for being there to make the announcement himself.

But this also begs a couple questions:

When did he arrive in town?

What else did he do when he was here?

Why did he wait until the very last day to break the news, and quite frankly, what good does his presence do for the staff who are being laid off this same evening?

What was discussed in the meeting between him and the landlords, to which the workers of the restaurant were not privy?

I ask that last question because a less-reliable source (i.e., once-removed from my very reliable source) is saying that the closing is not just "for renovations."

Cheers,

Rocks.

Probably visited Archibald's...The girls tell me he's a terrible tipper, by the way.

Actually, he stopped by Proof with his lovely wife at about 10:30 PM and had cocktails in the lounge. He was very gracious - and tipped well!!

This evening, before service, it was announced to the staff by Todd English himself that Olives is closing "for renovations" after service ends tonight.

I was sitting next to Todd on a shuttle flight about 3 weeks ago and I mentioned that I liked Olives and he mentioned that it was closing for renovations shortly. He didn't give me the impression that it was permanent and from the sounds of it he has been in town off and on for some time in preparation for it with his business people.

Does anyone think it's laughable that Olives in Boston remains closed, but is open in Las Vegas, Nassau, Mexico City, and Abu Dhabi?

The URL for Olives' website is, incredibly, cheftoddenglish.com/?q=restaurants/24, and they can't even update the damned text of the webpage to reflect where it's currently open - what a shallow, vacuous world, full of shallow, vacuous people we live in.

post-2-0-57102400-1446684493_thumb.png