A friend of mine is spending Christmas in Sedona, and she asked me for restaurant recommendations. I've got nothing! Anyone have any thoughts for her? All levels of price and food are great ... Thanks!

No, but I realllllly recommend taking the morning Pink Jeep tour. Seriously... it looks like tourist crap but it's great.

A friend of mine is spending Christmas in Sedona, and she asked me for restaurant recommendations. I've got nothing! Anyone have any thoughts for her? All levels of price and food are great ... Thanks!

It's been a few years since I visited, but I do recall that the Yavapai Restaurant at the Enchantment resort was outstanding. Maybe the best part is the incredible view of Boynton Canyon--where your friend should go horseback riding if he/she likes to ride.

http://www.enchantmentresort.com/sedona-restaurants

No, but I realllllly recommend taking the morning Pink Jeep tour. Seriously... it looks like tourist crap but it's great.

+1. The Pink Jeep tour is worth doing.

The hot ticket in Sedona is Elote Cafe. Unfortunately, they don't take reservations and if you're not in line before it opens at 5, expect a wait. Even more unfortunately for us, we tried to go and there was a private dinner/shower in one room and the outdoor porch was closed because it looked like it might rain (it didn't). We got there at 5:45 and were told to expect a 2-2.5 hour wait. The private group lingered excessively, so then wait was even longer than planned. We had a couple of beers and a margarita, but finally gave up and left after about 1.5 hours when groups that had been there for a long time before we got there were just being called. Almost everyone waiting was disgruntled. The hostess was amazingly gracious and friendly, but I'll bet every five minutes she had someone from the waiting group ask her about where they stood.The menu looked great and I wish we could've enjoyed it.

Elote Cafe was great. I still think about it from a food perspective. very authentic mexian food. As told above service and waiting can be an issue. We waited about 45 minutes which was one margarita.

The attractions are the hikes and views. If family is active then get a book of Sedona hikes and do a few. We did and they were memorable. I did some mountain biking and thought I was going to die, you milage may vary but brakes dont work well downhill on rocks and sand.

We ate at Enchantment one night as we stayed there. Nothing to write home about. The spa at Enchantment was top rate.

We didnt go as far as the wineries but about an hour out of Sedona there were tasting rooms affiliated with the Wineries. All good but the hikes and sights are what you are there for.

If I went back I would do a hot air ballon.

A vacation with a three month old is not really a vacation, it is really just a trip where you have to take care of your daughter in a location that is different than where you live. Yeah, it is cool to see new things and go new places, but it is damn tiring. However, when you are on a plane for 9 total hours and your daughter cries a grand total of zero minutes, that's pretty badass.

Elote was on vacation while we were there (two weeks). Boos all around on that one.

Quince in Jerome was the surprise meal of the week, mostly because we had no expectations when we walked into it. To begin, they prepared the only margarita (for that matter, mixed drink) that I had all week that was great. Second, the food was outstanding. I don't know what authentic Mexican food is, but I will tell you that what we had at Quince overshadows anything that I have had in DC.

Che Ah Chi at the Enchanment Resort was ambitious and hit on almost of the dishes that we tried.

Dahl and Diluca was pretty good Italian. I didn't expect much out in the desert, but it surprised us, especially from a setting and service perspective.

Heartline was terrible for breakfast, any diner would be better.

Javelina Cantina is typical crappy Tex-Mex food. We went there because Elote was closed, so I was already disappointed, but once I began to ate there, I became much more sad (sadder?).

The Golden Goose was surprisingly good for sandwiches, even if it is connected to a Super Eight Motel.

Another great surprise was the Red Raven in Williams (stopped there on the way back from the Grand Canyon), definitely THE place to go if you are driving through town.

Sedona Memories Cafe has incredible sandwiches and cookies, but they are only open 10-2:00 PM Monday through Friday and only have outdoor seating.

Manzanita had solid German food (you wouldn't guess by the name) and is a good lunch stop if you are tasting some wine in the Verde Valley.

A few miles north, outside of Sedona, on 89A, is Indian Gardens Market. Great breakfast options, including a huge but very worthwhile breakfast burrito, cinnamon rolls, and a solid coffee program. Friendly staff, a good larder, and a laid back feeling make this a perfect spot for locals and for travelers.

On our way back to Sedona from the Grand Canyon (awesome!), we stopped in Williams, AZ for dinner and beers at the historic brewing & barrel house. Perfect spot--beers worth trying, including the reasonably well-known Piehole Porter, and a really great Altbier--and the food was elevated pub grub. Like too much of our dining out here, the portions were too large; my wife's falafel burger was positively Flintstonian (if the Flintstones ate falafel, as they should have, instead of dino-burgers). Again, great service and a very relaxed feeling made this a great night. 

13 minutes ago, seanvtaylor said:

A few miles north, outside of Sedona, on 89A, is Indian Gardens Market. Great breakfast options, including a huge but very worthwhile breakfast burrito, cinnamon rolls, and a solid coffee program. Friendly staff, a good larder, and a laid back feeling make this a perfect spot for locals and for travelers.

On our way back to Sedona from the Grand Canyon (awesome!), we stopped in Williams, AZ for dinner and beers at the historic brewing & barrel house. Perfect spot--beers worth trying, including the reasonably well-known Piehole Porter, and a really great Altbier--and the food was elevated pub grub. Like too much of our dining out here, the portions were too large; my wife's falafel burger was positively Flintstonian (if the Flintstones ate falafel, as they should have, instead of dino-burgers). Again, great service and a very relaxed feeling made this a great night. 

Thanks, Sean. I also have some information about Sedona in this thread: "Arizona Trip - Eight Nights ...."