Grapeseed, Cordell Avenue in Bethesda - Chef Jeff Heineman's Cafe and Wine Bar - Closed Jul 29, 2017 after 17 Years

Thanks for the kind words above. I'd like to point out that I am NOT related to jaltman, as far as I know. We have a lot of people who work hard at Grapeseed and they care, for the restaurant and our guests. I am very lucky.

Two of them, Jason and Steve, wrote this week's Tasting Menu, (last week's too BTW)

The usual deal will apply, $25 off for DR.com members, half price wine pairings. please mention that you are DR.com and doing the menu when you reserve.

301-986-9592

Amuse Bouche

Scallop & Shrimp Ceviche

Granbazan – Rias Baixs, Spain (Alariño)

Chioggia Beet Salad Cherry Glen Farm Goat Cheese, Baby Greens

Left Coast Cellars Cali’s Cuvee – Willamette, Oregon (Pinot Noir)

Grilled Lobster Truffled Mac & Cheese, Pimenton De La Vera

Hartford Court – Russian River Valley, California (Chardonnay)

Housemade Ice Cream, Sugar Cookie

WTF??????????? Where's the Hoagie??? Can I substitute something for the Lobster......cause I never want to see Loobster ever again!!!!! :blink:

It's been several months since I've been able to take advantage one of these offers, but that's been because of my schedule, not from lack of interest. As I noted a couple of pages upstream, you're really missing out if you're not taking advantage of these opportunities.

Once again, a really nice dinner tonight. We both loved the ceviche and the lobster. The ceviche was a particular winner - tasty seafood without being too acidic. The beet salad was the weak point, but that's only because we're not big fans of beets. YMMV. Ended with a mint chocolate chip ice cream that was a great closer.

If you don't have dinner plans for Saturday night, find a way to get to Grapeseed. You definitely won't regret it. Jeff, thanks again for maklng these great meals available at such a great price.

Another lovely tasting menu for this week, and another lovely DR.com deal for you all as well. This menu is only $30 if you mention your Dr.com affiliation ( or affliction as I wrote at first) We will have the wine pairings done shortly and they will be available to you for half price. Please reserve early and mention the special. 301.986.9592.

Amuse Bouche

Grilled Prawns, Ugli Fruit, Orzo, Kaffir Lime Leaf

Down Under Ceviche with John Dory, Grouper, green Lip Mussels, Guava, Sweet Potato

Cocoa and Coffee Dusted New Zealand Lamb Chops, berry Gastrique, Fingerling Potatoes

Olive oil and Guava Cake, Clover Honey, Aged Airedale Cheese (Oamaru, NZ) ***

*** Oamaru is a wonderful place, I lived there for a year. Visit the Moeraki Boulders and see Penguins!!! Go North Otago Rugby!!!

Another Dr.com Special for you this week. The Tasting menu will be $30 if you mention your affiliation with this group (Also, i think the first person with pics of Don having sex with Paris Hilton might eat for free! - this week only) Paired wines are half price, too. The menu and wines rock, btw. Resos at 301.986.9592

We will also be having an Easter Brunch Buffet on , well, Easter Sunday. Cheap (25 for adults 15 for kids) , Kid friendly, plenty of food and libations. 11-3. We are usually closed Sunday, so I thought I would mention it.

Here's this weeks tasting menu:

Lenten Fun for Everyone

Amuse Bouche

Grilled & Chilled Bay Scallops, Walnut-Apple Quinoa Salad, Cherry Reduction

Wine - Captûre Tradition Sauvignon Blanc –Lake & Sonoma Counties, California

House Made Gnocchi, Royal Red Shrimp, Lobster Cream

Wine - Hartford Court Chardonnay – Russian River Valley, California

Pan Seared Wild Rockfish, Spring Peas, Leek Cream

Wine - Vietti Roero Arneis – Piemonte,Italy

Brown Butter Almond Shortcake, Almond Butter Ice Cream

Thanks for the kind words MC. Thanks to everyone for your support with these menus. It is much more satisfying to do them for a bunch of people than a few.

News Blast - Good news. We have joined a Movement. "Meatless Mondays" at Grapeseed will start April 1st. We will be having preview Veggie dishes tonight and they will be **1/2 price all night**. For this movement we will be ADDING dishes to our regular Meaty menu so Carnivores will still be happy. So visit us this or any Monday, get your Veggie on and even eat for half price this week.

For Planning's sake I will be extending the half price deal to DR.com people next Monday as well. I will be looking for feedback, so opinions will be asked for. This is the kind of thing that happens when i am stuck at home and my wife gives me "Healthy " Food

Okay,so nobody cares about Meatless Monday, we are going to keep doing it anyway.

We will be running our Lent is Over - All Meat tasting menu this week, with the usual DR.com discount (reg.$55 only $30 if you mention your affiliation). Call 301.986.9592 for reservations, Please mention DR.com. Thanks

Amuse Bouche

Pistachio & Bone Marrow Crouton, Dandelion Salad, Dried Cherries, Mustard Vinaigrette

Leitz Dragonstone Riesling - Rheingau, Germany

Pan Seared Foie Gras, Bacon & Scallion Pancakes, Blueberry
Reduction

Cave De Beblenheim Res.
Particuliere Gewurz - Alsace, France

Sugar Maple Smoked Pork Spare Ribs, Kimchi Fried Rice

Mathis Grenache - Napa

Dessert

la Quercia Prosciutto, Goat Cheese Crottin

• Like 1

Okay,so nobody cares about Meatless Monday, we are going to keep doing it anyway.

We will be running our Lent is Over - All Meat tasting menu this week, with the usual DR.com discount (reg.$55 only $30 if you mention your affiliation). Call 301.986.9592 for reservations, Please mention DR.com. Thanks

Amuse Bouche

Pistachio & Bone Marrow Crouton, Dandelion Salad, Dried Cherries, Mustard Vinaigrette

Leitz Dragonstone Riesling - Rheingau, Germany

Pan Seared Foie Gras, Bacon & Scallion Pancakes, Blueberry

Reduction

Cave De Beblenheim Res.

Particuliere Gewurz - Alsace, France

Sugar Maple Smoked Pork Spare Ribs, Kimchi Fried Rice

Mathis Grenache - Napa

Dessert

la Quercia Prosciutto, Goat Cheese Crottin

Now you're speaking my language! See you tomorrow. :)

All DR members...Ask to See Jeff's Hoagie scar and recieve another 5% off your bill.....touch it and pay the house $2 :blink:

Ewww. :P

Delicious dinner on Saturday night. The best dish of the night for me was definitely the seared foie gras on bacon & scallion pancakes. The foie was seared perfectly, those pancakes were amazing (I want them for breakfast please with some eggs over medium and an extra side of bacon) and everything just went really well together, including the gewurtraminer it was paired with. I'm attaching a horrifically underlit cell phone pic. The ribs were a close second, I could eat those any day. I wasn't a huge fan of the kimchi rice, I think I was hoping for more kimchi flavor, but I may also be biased since I'm generally paleo and don't eat rice anymore. The Mathis grenache was a nice pairing with it. And I was thrilled to have a savory course for dessert. Prosciutto and goat cheese for the win!

My only complaint*, and it's not really specific to Grapeseed is that the white wines are served too cold. It was most noticeable for me with the wine served with the pate and dandelion greens. It ended up being a Tablas Creek white blend that I really enjoyed when I visited Tablas Creek. Since I'd had it before, it was quite noticeable to me when I took my first sips, the flavors were just totally muted (I actually wondered momentarily if something was off until I realized the temp was probably the issue). So I ended up drinking the rest of my prosecco with the course and enjoying the wine in between courses when it had warmed (and opened) up. That ended up working for me, but it's something I would love to see addressed not just here, but across the board in restaurants.

All in all a really enjoyable meal and as always for a ridiculous price. Seriously Jeff, thank you for offering these to us.

*A complaint I hate to even make in light of the fact that there was a mix up and I was brought a full glass when I had asked for half glass pairings and instead of taking it away, which they could have done, they left me with the full glass and only charged me for the half pour. So an extra kudos to good customer service in that regard.

Washingtonian published a blurb this week:

We often say we could make a nice night of it at this bistro by supplementing the wines from its excellent stash with a few small plates. But a recent dinner had us wishing we’d mostly stuck to sipping.

They specifically called attention to two dishes they thought were poorly done: the gnocchi, and the pork chop.

They could not have been more wrong. Jeff wasn't even in last night, yet the gnocchi was sublime, and the pork chop was by FAR the best pork chop (not pork belly, not trotters, not confit, just a straight up chop) I've had in a restaurant in, well, a long time. The only slightly off note in the evening was a tuna tartare appetizer that was served too cold, and needed to sit on the table for a bit before being consumed.

The online menu isn't updated daily, so I can say that the other parts of our meal (flageolet soup with crispy onions, arugula salad with house-made ricotta and bacon vinaigrette, salmon with green lentils) were equally praiseworthy.

I guess I forgot to post the special Dr.com tasting menu. Although judging by tonight's reservations, it seems everyone is out of town.

Mention DR.com affiliation and this is 30 bucks. It is a tasty menu, Ramps didn't arrive (lazy foragers piss me off) so we have dandelions instead. Bon Appetit.

Amuse Bouche

Sea Scallop, Dandelions, Garlic Mashed Potatoes

Mauritius Redfish, Israeli Couscous, Olives, Ras el Hanout Broth

Pork Three Ways – Tenderloin, Rib, Sausage, Pearl Onions, Rapini

Dessert – Vanilla Muscat Ice Cream, Peanut Cookies

I guess I forgot to post the special Dr.com tasting menu. Although judging by tonight's reservations, it seems everyone is out of town.

Mention DR.com affiliation and this is 30 bucks. It is a tasty menu, Ramps didn't arrive (lazy foragers piss me off) so we have dandelions instead. Bon Appetit.

It's a very, very slow time right now - on the website too.

Okay, After a brief "Food Discounting for DR.com" hiatus, I feel it is time to start up again. Recap - This menu is usually 55 bucks , but if you mention your DR.com affiliation, it is $25 off, so lots of food for $30. We pair up wines with these dinners and you can have the pairings for half price.Please call 301-986-9592 for reservations and mention that you are a Rockwellian and having the tasting menu so we can plan. Hope to see you soon - Friday and Saturday nights only!

This weeks menu:

Amuse Bouche

Watermelon Soup with Crispy Pancetta

Smothered Catfish, Sauce Piquant

Housemade Linguine, Bolognese, Ricotta

Choice of our Housemade Desserts

bon appetit

• Like 1

I have been told this is a holiday weekend. If any DR.com people stay in town we will have our tasting menu special for you all. 4 courses $30, No whammies! That is $25 off so don't forget to mention it when you reserve,

We also give away free food for happy hour on Fridays. This week I am giving away the scallop on this menu. It may go on the dinner menu so your opinion is what I am after. That, and people like free stuff.

Menu (Friday and Saturday)

Amuse Bouche

Sea Scallop, Marcona Almond Puree, Raisin-Caper Sauce, Espellette Pepper

Soft Shell Crab, Cherry Tomato Salad, Tempura Bacon

Duck breast, Ma Po Tofu, Steamed Rice

Dessert choice

Wine pairings as always

if you are in town call first 301-986-9592

As per usual, we will have the Dr.com special on our four course Tasting Menu this Friday and Saturday. Instead of $55 it is $25 off with a mention of DR.com. It is good. Lots of Corn from my favorite Maryland farmer, Skeeter. Morels and Golden Tile fish.

We will be giving away FREE samples of our new recipe of White Sangria ta the bar Friday from 5-630. fyi

Menu:

Amuse Bouche

Sweet Corn Soup Cucumber-Jalapeno Relish

Lauverjat Perle Blanche Sancerre - Loire Valley, France

Cornmeal Fried Ipswich Clams Lemon-Tarragon Aioli

Vietti Roero Arneis - Piemonte, Italy

Pan Seared Golden Tilefish Crab & Corn Cake, Sautéed Morel Mushrooms

Captûre Fleuron Chardonnay - Alexander Valley

Dessert

• Like 1

We enjoyed the tasting meal tonight. The chilled corn soup was delicious, though we both wished it had a bit more intense corn flavor. The clams were outstanding, made even better with a bit of fresh lemon which we asked for. I don't recall eating tile fish before, and it was perfectly cooked, mild-flavored and a bit denser in texture than halibut. The morels didn't have a lot of flavor, unfortunately, but the crab and corn cake was very flavorful. I left the pesto on the plate, as I thought it overwhelmed the seafood flavors. But the fish course was very generous for a tasting meal portion. Dessert was any choice on the dessert menu--I had Greek yogurt "cheesecake" which was three scoops of cheesecake filling drizzled with graham cracker crumbs, blackberries and blueberries. Very refreshing and not too sweet. J. enjoyed his apple pie ice cream. This is a great deal. So, f you don't have other dinner plans tomorrow night...

If anyone wants a good deal this weekend here it is:

This menu , normally $55, is $30 if you mention your donrockwell connection. use the DanielK model and get a free snack at the bar for Friday Happy Hour and then dinner and then tell me there is a better deal in town. Le Pain Quotidien? Give me a break. They don't even do Hoe Cakes (hoecakes?, one word or two?)

here it is:

Chicken and the Sea Tasting Menu

Amuse Bouche

Crispy Rillettes of Fresh Icelandic Cod, Sauce Gribiche

Shrimp and Pineapple in Thai Red Curry, Forbidden Rice

Chicken Fried Pork Tenderloin, Jalapeno Hoecakes, Beemster Cheese, Maple-Bacon Glaze

Choice of our House Made Desserts

Please reserve, it makes life easier for everyone and is required to get this special.

Walking down Cordell earlier today, I saw a sign advertising a 21st Amendment (craft beer co.) dinner at Grapeseed. For various reasons, I cannot recall the exact details. All I remember is Hell or High Watermelon beer (already in my fridge, thank you), korean fried chicken and espresso rubbed steak. I'm sure that is less than 100% correct, but the lineup sounded delicious.

Anyone at Grapeseed have the full details?

P.S. - I love this restaurant, but their website ...

Walking down Cordell earlier today, I saw a sign advertising a 21st Amendment (craft beer co.) dinner at Grapeseed. For various reasons, I cannot recall the exact details. All I remember is Hell or High Watermelon beer (already in my fridge, thank you), korean fried chicken and espresso rubbed steak. I'm sure that is less than 100% correct, but the lineup sounded delicious.

Anyone at Grapeseed have the full details?

P.S. - I love this restaurant, but their website ...

According to their twitter feed, it's tomorrow (Friday).

Yes we are having a 21st Amendment Beer Dinner Tonight. Starts at 6:30 price is only 50 bucks. I have 10 spaces, or so, left. Call me 301.986.9592

I only put it on the calender on this site (Doesn't Don mention checking that daily???), because I didn't want to seem like a shill. But while I am here we have started daily Dinners at the Bar (423 for 2 courses). Anyway here is the menu:

Beer Dinner Featuring the Beers of

21st Amendment Brewery, San Francisco, Ca July 5th 6:30 pm

Spiced Nuts

Hell or High Watermelon Watermelon Wheat Beer 4.90% abv

Rhubarb Glazed Shrimp Salad, Crushed Garlic Peanuts, Sweet Soy

Bitter American American Pale Ale 4.40% abv

Korean Fried Chicken, Baby Bok Choy, Gochujong

Back In Black American Black Ale 6.80% abv

Coffee Rubbed Hanger Steak, Low Country Oyster Rice

Stout BBQ Sauce

Marooned on Hog Island English Stout 7.90% abv

Roasted Peach, Roaring 40s Bleu Cheese, Lemon Honey

Hop Crisis Imperial IPA 9.70 abv

Now, the tasting Menu every Friday and Saturday Night, regularly $55 for the unclean masses, will be $40 for Dr.com types AND we will donate $10 per purchased dinner to the Yellow Ribbon Fund (YRF is also the Charity we and other Bethesda restaurants are supporting During Restaurant Week from July 29th to Aug 4th)

Jeff, I am so pleased to know that you and other Bethesda restaurants are supporting the Yellow Ribbon Fund. As the parents of a Green Beret who suffered a traumatic brain injury in Afghanistan in March, we are especially appreciative. We recently discovered the YRF while searching for an organization that we could donate exercise equipment to as a benefit to wounded warriors. We are very impressed with the work that they are doing.

We will be in for the special menu tomorrow night!

[Jeff wrote me the other day, wondering if anyone really cared that he was doing these, adding that he didn't want to come across as pimping his restaurant. He does not know I'm writing this, so I'm borderline violating his privacy.

I know that even though I usually can't go, I still like that others can, but maybe nobody *does* care.

If you like the concept of Jeff offering his discounted meals to donrockwell.com members, even if you can't go, would you please scroll up and "Like" his post?]

It was truly wonderful meeting LauraB and her husband last night, they seemed to enjoy their meal, even when their "first day back on the floor, completely overwhelmed" waitress ( we should send her back to the breeding she's been doing for 7 years) forgot their Dr.com discount. Laura, in a totally class move,said to just send the discount to the Yellow Ribbon Fund. Fantastic. Good Show, LauraB. $50 bucks for YRF

Great to meet you and Thanks for supporting Grapeseed and the Yellow Ribbon Fund.

I look forward to more DR folks taking advantage of our discount / donation programs on our Tasting Menus on the weekends AND during our Restaurant Week July 29-August 4th when a portion of all our sales will go to the YRF as well. i look forward to turning over a big donation on everyone's behalf.

Cheers, lauraB.

• Like 4

Thank you, Jeff. The pleasure was all ours! We thoroughly enjoyed the meal -- the beef was melt-in-your mouth tender and perfectly cooked to a medium rare; the chicken crunchy on the outside, juicy on the inside (perfect!); the etouffe was spicy in just the way we like it. The amuse of your housemade charcuterie was a nice touch. And we were absolutely delighted to meet you and your wife, Shannon, on her debut evening on the floor, after a long sabbatical gathering child-rearing material for her comedy act. We were thoroughly entertained by you both. We've had many nice meals at Grapeseed over the years, but last night was the most fun we've ever had there.

And thank you again for everything you're doing for the Yellow Ribbon Fund. They're good folks doing good work, just like you.

[Jeff wrote me the other day, wondering if anyone really cared that he was doing these, adding that he didn't want to come across as pimping his restaurant. He does not know I'm writing this, so I'm borderline violating his privacy.

I know that even though I usually can't go, I still like that others can, but maybe nobody *does* care.

If you like the concept of Jeff offering his discounted meals to donrockwell.com members, even if you can't go, would you please scroll up and "Like" his post?]

I haven't been for awhile but these dinners are awesome.

Here's our special Tasting menu for Friday and Saturday nights. Normally $55 the DR.com discount deal makes it 40 for you AND we donate $10 to the Yellow Ribbon Fund after Restaurant Week (where we are making a donation per cover as well BTW - 7/29 thru 8/4)

Please mention DR.com when you reserve 301.986.9592

Amuse Bouche

Engelmann Family Farm Green Tomatoes & Beets with Housemade Ricotta

Grilled Herb Marinated Quail, Grilled Romaine, Honey Garlic Dressing

Grilled Hanger Steak, Kimchi Fried Rice, Daikon

Local Straw, Blue and Black Berry Shortcake

It is great to see DR people and Yellow Ribbon Fund supporters.

jeff

• Like 1

I'd go to one of these, but I once rudely and publically insulted Grapeseed's website...I'm worried Jeff will spit in my food. :)

And since I just brought it up again, he'll probably spit twice.

Great deals though, plus charity...I'll have to risk it at some point.

I'd go to one of these, but I once rudely and publically insulted Grapeseed's website...I'm worried Jeff will spit in my food. :)

And since I just brought it up again, he'll probably spit twice.

Great deals though, plus charity...I'll have to risk it at some point.

I have a solution.

Assuming you've never met Jeff, go in and shake his hand.

When you do, your hand will disappear inside of his (think of Andre the Giant holding a beer can).

You will never insult his website again, you'll see he's a gentle giant - the type of person who picks up tractors for some light exercise - and the problem will be solved forever.

• Like 2

And I have word from a web person, who is doing a free update, that all the offensive stuff will be gone soon. I still don't think that Steve Jobs died for my sins and I should pay extra for his toys, but I realize his Koolaid was strong and plentiful and a.lot of people drank it.

if anyone is offended by the website going forward, the phone number here is 301-986-9592. I would be happy to give you any info from the website and more. Remember when that was the only option?

I have a solution.

When you do, your hand will disappear inside of his (think of Andre the Giant holding a beer can).

You will never insult his website again, you'll see he's a gentle giant - the type of person who picks up tractors for some light exercise - and the problem will be solved forever.

Seriously.  I am a big guy, and I once shook his hand and mine completely disappeared.  He's also one of the nicest people you will ever meet.  I occasionally reread the Freddy's thread for the interaction about the sign with Pool Boy.  Having met them both it's pretty funny.

• Like 1

Hello. here is the Tasting Menu for the week. We will , of course< run the DR.com special to Benefit the Yellow Ribbon Fund again. This menu is usually $55 if you mention you affiliation with this site we will take $15 per person and then donate $10 to the Yellow Ribbon Fund on August 6th. so basically it is $40 per person. The menu:

Amuse Bouche

BBQ Quail, Warm German Potato Salad (way better than my mom's btw)

Gnocchi, local Chanterelles, Wild Mushroom Broth

Hanger Steak, Pecorino Potatoes (Skeeter's Farm)

Choice of Dessert

***If anyone wants to help out the Yellow Ribbon Fund and can't make it to these menus, we are Supporting YRF throughout restaurant week Next Week (July 29-Aug 4th) by donating $1 per guest for the entire week. And please stop in, we run our whole menu for the week.(except Short Ribs and Gnocchi)

I have a solution.

I didn't get a chance to meet Jeff, but I did have another meal there which affirmed my belief that Grapeseed is the best restaurant in Bethesda.

Stopped by during Restaurant Week...the Korean Beef Tips were the highlight for me, but the mussels, redfish, and crab cakes were all excellent. We ended with a perfectly executed summer dessert, a simple shortcake with mixed berries and whipped cream.

• Like 1

Hey all Tasting Menus are back and we are still donating a portion of your dinners to the Yellow Ribbon Fund. Last week I wrote a check to YRF for $480 mostly due to our Restaurant week program, $50 from LauraB, and another tiny fraction to other DR.com people ($20). Good show overall. Just to recap I will give $10 for every DR.com person who gets the Tasting Menu each weekend, after giving you $15 off the meal to start with.

here's this weeks menu . please mention your affiliation when you call for a reservation. (Normally $55, $40 for you)

Breakfast for dinner

Amuse Bouche

Korean Pancake with Shrimp and Diakon Kimchee (my version of Sae woo jeon if you will)

Bacon and Eggs, with a Crabcake

Chicken and Waffles

dessert choice

Give us a call 301.986.9592

Well, there is no tasting menu this week, due to how quiet Labor Day Weekend is shaping up, in Bethesda at least.  The tasting menu will return next weekend with a shorter format. It seems a lot of folks think 4  courses, even if they are designed as a tasting, is too much food, so they shy away from tasting menus as a whole. So starting next week we will be doing a 3 course menu for $40 with a fourth course option. The DR.com discount will be $10 off, so $30. Seems like a deal. I will donate $5 per guest to the Yellow Ribbon Fund. (last weeks haul was $40 thanks to the Dr.com party of 4 who's moniker i do not know, thank you)

This week I am running a special risotto with some awesome hedgehog and Black trumpet mushrooms I got from a forager , for what that's worth.

As a side note, if you are in town, go out to eat at your favorite restaurant. it definitely doesn't need to be Grapeseed, but this is looking to be a hideously slow weekend and you favorite place could probably use your support. (unless it is part of that shit show they call 14th St. They don't need your help)

Jeff

So in response to everyone who told me that people don't want long tasting menus, I have trimmed a course and lowered the price. It will be the right amount of food (my father's ghost looks down on me to ensure i serve enough food) The menus will be $30 for DR.com members, please mention it when you reserve. and I will send $5 per guest to the Yellow Ribbon Fund. If you want to add a dessert it will be $5, that's up to you.

here's the menu: all vegetarian this week, nice local stuff (not the St Andre cheese)

Engelmann Family Farms Tomato Salad, Basil Crostini

Wild Mushroom Consommé, Cauliflower Flan

Broccoli Risotto, St Andre Cheese

Obviously, no one on this site was interested in last week's Vegetarian Tasting Menu ( I really believe vegetarians are not as numerous as they would like omnivores to believe, but lack of protein makes them exponentially louder.)

So, this weeks menu features plenty of Seafood and Meat.

Again, The menu will be $30 for DR.com members, please mention it when you reserve. and I will send $5 per guest to the Yellow Ribbon Fund. If you want to add a dessert it will be $5, that's up to you. 301.986.9592

Amuse Bouche

Crabcake, Old Bay Aioli, Frisee Salad, Bacon

Grilled Shrimp Salad, Apricot "“Cucumber Salsa

Braised Lamb Shepherd's Pie, Horseradish, Haricots Verts

PS DcBrau dinner next Wednesday

• Like 1

I don't always post about my dinners at Grapeseed because sometimes it feels like I'm half the posts in this thread, but Jeff's tasting menus are a serious bargain, and the bar dinner I had a few weeks ago was also fabulous. There isn't a better deal or dinner in Bethesda right now, so go.