On a whim, what are you up to?

Guest All Dented

Anyone is welcome to join us if youre in the mood to relax and unwind for a Halloween Happy Hour! Friday, October 29th 6ish PM till whenever. Make sure to say hello.

LIMA Lounge

1401 K Street NW

Come and go as you please and feel free to dress to the occasion!

PM me if interested

Bumpity, bump. Hint to those who had a not-so-fun week and for Friday HH revivals!

Who knew that there was a DC Whiskey Week. Well, maybe those who follow the drinking board on donrockwell.com... i'm not one of them.

Tonight at Bourbon there is a massive whiskey tasting including some from High West that I had last night at an informative event at the Tabard Inn. The event tonight at Bourbon/Adams Morgan begins at 8:30... hope other rockwellians will attend!

Coincidence. we were there as well, arrived just before 2 pm.

Well then, a belated hello! We actually arrived late due to traffic and were there just before 2 as well. I think we were the last to leave, however. Also spotted hillvalley enjoying a lunch there.

Another fine meal enjoyed, and once again I am overstuffed. We shared the bread basket, I ordered the Pork Frittes, and Mr. S had the Cobia with sunchokes and (can't recall the entire prep) Mine came with a salad and Mr. S ordered one for an app. I am always pleasantly surprised by the amazing flavors that just a "salad" can deliver, when done the right way. :) . Ordered the brussell sprouts, which had to be substituted at the last minute. The broccolini that was brought out instead was unfortunately too smoky from the wood grill to eat by itself. When eaten with the meat though it was a very fine combo. I'm too sleepy from the food to recall all the details but we will definitely return to try some pizza and/or panini for a lighter lunch. Today was not only a belated semi-birthday celebration, but it was our lunch AND dinner so we ordered a bit on the heavier side. (cross posted in the Palena Cafe thread)

I'm considering braving the cherry blossom crowds tomorrow to do a little food truck safari at the SW Waterfront festival.

They invited CapMac (@CapMacDC), Curbside Cupcakes (@curbsidecupcake), DC Slices (@dcslices), District Taco (@districttaco), Eat Wonky (@eatwonky), Fojol Bros. (@fojolbros), Red Hook Lobster Truck (@lobstertruckDC), Sidewalk Sweetsations (@SidewalkSweetsations), & Tasty Kabob (@TastyKabob).

Hope to get there around midday.

Because the spontaneity seems to have gone out of here, anyone interested in eating somewhere Wednesday evening? I'm going to have to make finalizing plans last minute, but the thought is there and assuming work goes well, I'm planning to be somewhere eating something. B)

I hope I can remember to scrape up some quick meals today, I'm watching the closing arguments of the Casey Anthony trial. Besides being a food buff, I'm interested in crime, & I've been following on Websleuths from the beginning. It's fascinating to see how the legal process works....

Had a quesadilla & guacamole for lunch- if you're wondering, I've believed she was guilty from the first time I heard her speak, but I am in awe of her lying & believe that she will get a lesser sentence than she deserves, unfortunately...

Had a quesadilla & guacamole for lunch- if you're wondering, I've believed she was guilty from the first time I heard her speak, but I am in awe of her lying & believe that she will get a lesser sentence than she deserves, unfortunately...

+1

I was watching as I made a soup and braise. Holy macaroni, that Baez can talk a blue streak!

This has been utterly fascinating, from the lies to the drama to the antics.

Michael Landrum is opening his new restaurant tonight at 6 PM. It's at 1650 Wilson Blvd (across the street from Ray's Hell Burger), and there's free validated parking in the apartment garage (entrance on N. Pierce Street).

The name is top secret, but it will offer meat, fish, and vegetable dishes. No burgers are going to be served (yet).

There is a liquor license, so drinks are a go. It will have a bar setting, so ultra-casual is perfectly fine. As for prices, according to Michael, "people won't have to run to the bank before coming." Credit cards will be accepted.

That is all.

The very short answer is we're not changing the bar menu anytime soon. (other than the dishes which change as the menu changes.)

Hopefully, knowing that wont stop anyone that was planning on coming in, but I have this memory from my childhood of these furniture stores that would post "going out of business clearance sale" for years, and didn't think it would be right for anyone to rush in under false pretense.

The long answer has to do with changing the dining room menu from 3 courses to 4 courses, always trying to improve etc....

We're not going to change anything until we're convinced that what we would change is better than what we're currently doing. We're not at that point.

Hooray!

Well, does anyone want to meetup on Friday? Just in case? :-)

(Just a reminder ... they only serve the bar menu at the bar, i.e., everyone will be sitting in a line. I advise getting there fairly early, as it's getting more crowded these days. If you get them a head count, it might be helpful).

And the nice thing is that if there is a wait you can grab a cocktail and the staff keeps tabs on who is next and gets you a seat without the usual bar seat scramble. YMMV, but this has happened to me on two occasions in the past.

Would love to join you, but seeing the Capital Steps that night, perhaps a post show dinner here may be in order.

Hello All,

Ericandblueboy and Wife, Sthitch and Wife and I will be having dinner at Passage to India Saturday at 6:00 pm. My husband cannot attend and we now have a spot (or maybe two I can check), which is open. Please find the menu below. Only requirement is that you have a good sense of humor, as well I can only speak for myself ;), am rather sarcastic and opinionated. Please PM if interested.

Menu:

Appetizer:

1.5 orders Lamb Liver Masala

1.5 orders Chicken Tikka Malai

1.5 orders Curried Calamari stirfied

1.5 orders Uttappam (rice pancakes)

Entrees:

Dungeness Crab Masala

1.5 orders Salli Boti Jardaloo

1.5 orders Shorshe Bata Maach (fish with fresh mustard cooked wrapped in banana leaf)

1.5 orders Doi Murgi (chicken breast with cinnamaon-clove-cardamom

1 order Palkachi Bhaji (spinach cooked with buttermilk and crushed peanuts)

1 order Bhopli Mirchi - Aloo Peethi (bell peppers and potatoes with caramelized gram flour)

Rice and any breads that you prefer.

Dungeness Crab Masala

1.5 orders Salli Boti Jardaloo

The crabs will be fresh, in the shell. They will be cracked so you can basically eat them with your hands and teeth, but you might want to bring crab crackers.

The Salli Boti Jardaloo is "a Parsi (Persian) specialty where the lamb is cooked with apricots and vinegar, served topped with straw potatoes."

Courtney Saunders is a hairstylist (for both men and women) who comes to your house, and is willing to travel in the DC/VA/MD area. She can do all sorts of things from simple kids' cuts to color, perm, and whatnot, to full-scale bridal party stuff. She is also very nice, hardworking and professional. Website is here, rate sheet is here.

I hereby disclose:

* that my wife has become a friend of Courtney's, but I can also say that everyone to whom my wife has recommended Courtney has been very pleased; and

* that if you saw me in person you would not think that you should take hairstyle advice from me, but I do have a very good sense of what well-styled hair looks like (I just don't care whether it's on my head).

Sam Heldman

"that if you saw me in person you would not think that you should take hairstyle advice"

The same could/would/should be said about me. A pleasure to read. I should note that a few months ago I bought a particularly nice handmode comb in Koln and wondered if I really had a need for it...

I remember the last time he ordered he Kid's menu... he ate all your dinner too!

Yeah, and he was TEN when that happened.

Daniel,

Are you torturing him, like not giving him any food for few days and locking him up in the basement?? :lol:

Here, I fixed your post:

Are you torturing him, like not giving him any food for few days hours

<for those that haven't met my kid, he's 14, nearly 6' tall, and about 200 lbs>

News flash, Barney smothered in Miracle Whip. Millions of parents with brain cells left rejoice! Those without stare at Thomas Kinkade paintings and are happy too!

Ok, I get it, Kinkade has nothing to do with this topic. His art was just "bad" but he wasn't necessarily deceptive. It is an insult to the late Mr. Kinkade to compare him with the kobe sellers in the US.