Eating at King's Dominion

Sooooo ... pretty sad that we're scheduling an upcoming trip on a Saturday rather than a Sunday because Chick-Fil-A will be open (last I remember, there were two of them inside the park). If there's anything better to eat here, I've yet to find it - does anyone have any suggestions?

I doubt you do any better inside the park. It's mostly Sysco's greatest fried hits in there. I always pack a cooler with subs and snacks, eat in the parking lot at mid-day, then come back in.

Haven't gone in a while but we also pack a cooler in the car. Of course, I can never resist having funnel cake.

The "grilled" half chicken at the Old Virginia restaurant, with canned corn and canned green beans is a barely serviceable healthy option. Two new items being heavily touted at the park are the Fried Oreos at the Funnel Cake stand and the Chicken on a Stick - A skewered chicken tender dipped in funnel cake batter, fried, then drizzled with syrup. Both options were intriguing, but since breakfast was at the Cracker Barrel, my body could only take so much.

The Subway offers limited selections at double the regular price

You can also by a souvenier "Pimp Chalice" of soda for $10.00, and an additional $5 will get you unlimited refills. Bottled water is an appalling $3.75 for Dasani. You cannot buy the Pimp Chalice with Unlimited Refills and ask them just to fill it up with Water.

The real trick for us local kids was to sneak into the employee cafeteria, where you could get the same food for a third of what they charged in the park. Wouldn't work for me now, but maybe some of you could pass for teenagers or indentured Ukrainians?

Heh, I was going to say the same thing. I worked there for years, and the the cafeteria food was both way better and much cheaper than the food available to the public.