Pó - Italian in the West Village, Co-Founded by Mario Batali and Steven Crane - Closed Apr 26, 2017

cjsadler said:
Can anyone recommend any mid-priced places in NYC?  (That means something south of Per Se, Daniel, Le Bernardin, etc). Under consideration are Lupa, August, and Landmarc.

Consider , which is on Carnelia Street in the Village. It has a six-course tasting menu at the unheard of price of $48, and the food is extraordinary. I think that this was Mario's first place in New York, and it continues in the tradition. It's small, not elegant and a tough reservation, but a wonderful value for New York or, for that matter, anywhere else.

On 10/15/2005 at 5:07 PM, bioesq said:

Consider Po, which is on Carnelia Street in the Village. It has a six-course tasting menu at the unheard of price of $48, and the food is extraordinary. I think that this was Mario's first place in New York, and it continues in the tradition. It's small, not elegant and a tough reservation, but a wonderful value for New York or, for that matter, anywhere else.

Apr 27, 2017 - "After 24 Years, Pó Closes in the West Village" by Stefanie Tuder on ny.eater.com

Screenshot 2018-09-28 at 23.53.48.png

On 10/17/2005 at 1:37 PM, JLK said:

Po is no longer a part of the Batali empire, but I still love it. For my last two years living in NYC ('99-01), I ate there at least every ten days. My apartment building was just feet away. *sigh* the good old days!

Pó was co-founded by Mario Batali and Steven Crane in 1993 - Batali left to open Babbo, but Crane stayed on until its final day of service, Apr 26, 2017.

Screenshot 2019-02-11 at 23.11.25.png