Last Exit, Mt. Pleasant Cocktail Lounge - Open Seven Days a Week with Private Venues - Closed

I don't pretend to the cocktail connoisseur status that many here have achieved, but I do enjoy a comfortable room and enthusiastic mixology, particularly if it's provided by a pair of frighteningly attractive bartenders. We finished off the fall, pumpkin-spiced cocktails the other night, went through a good bit of rye (which we all agreed is officially the hippest liquor around these days) and sampled the barrel-aged concoctions. Unsurprisingly, memories are a little blurred, but one strong impression is that Last Exit -- a semi-autonomous province of Tonic -- is under-patronized. I don't think their bartenders are quite up to the level of, say, a Derek or a Gina, but they're learning fast and clearly delight in the trade. If any of DR's cocktail snobs (Jake, Weinoo, xcanuck...) are willing to make the journey and give their impression, the first round is on me.

Were you there last night? My co-blogger Marshall and his fiancee' were there, and their tweets about the drinks were making me jealous. (Though I was eating home cooked food and drinking beer while watching football with my brother and sister-in-law, so I was fine...I just need to get down there and visit Anthony and the crew.)

Were you there last night? My co-blogger Marshall and his fiancee' were there, and their tweets about the drinks were making me jealous. (Though I was eating home cooked food and drinking beer while watching football with my brother and sister-in-law, so I was fine...I just need to get down there and visit Anthony and the crew.)

Friday night. There were no tweeters at the bar. Heck, almost no people.