Child-Friendly Lunch for Eight Sunday, September 2nd - Below 100th Street in Manhattan

Ericandblueboy

We're cruising from NYC on Sunday 9/2. Need some place that serves lunch (not frou frou brunch with all you can drink mimosas) for a party of 8. Can't be too formal as we'll have our infant and 2.5 year old. Italian, Portugeuse, Greek, Spanish, French, or interesting Asian joints? What about Lincoln? Maybe a Boulud joint?

---

[The following posts have been split into separate threads:

Lupa Osteria Romana (dcs)]

For that many people I'd recommend Jane on Houston. If you're looking for Italian although they may not be able to accommodate 8 people but is my absolute favorite restaurant in NYC then I'd try Dell'Anima in the West Village. My other recommendations:

Good Enough to Eat - Upper West

Community Food & Juice - Upper West

RedFarm - West Village (communal tables though)

Back Forty - East Village

Penelope - Midtown East/Murray Hill

Hope this helps.

For that many people I'd recommend Jane on Houston. If you're looking for Italian although they may not be able to accommodate 8 people but is my absolute favorite restaurant in NYC then I'd try Dell'Anima in the West Village. My other recommendations:

Good Enough to Eat - Upper West

Community Food & Juice - Upper West

RedFarm - West Village (communal tables though)

Back Forty - East Village

Penelope - Midtown East/Murray Hill

I looked at Dell'anima, Jane Red Farm, and a few others' brunch menu. Too brunchy. I'm tempted to go back to DBGB for their rockin' website music and seafood platter (who else does a seafood platter with lots of variety of seafood? The Mark by JG does but I really don't want to hang out on the UES). Lupa sounds promising. Other possiblities include Hakkasan (high end Chinese with some dim sum selection), and Fatty Crab. I would go to La Mar (Gaston Acurio's Peruvian cebiche chain) if they're open on Sundays but they're not. I guess I'm looking for really good seafood regardless of cuisine. Thank!

be sure to look at a menu with prices on it and read some reviews before you commit to hakassan.

A peking duck is $88 at Hakkasan. A peking-like duck is $100 at EMP. The duck at Momofuku is $140. I've read some mixed reviews of Hakkasan - much of it bitching about the price. I'm definitely not committed to going there - just thought it's an option.