DelMarVa Hot Air Balloon Rides - Owner (And Pilot!) Todd Davis in Chester, MD

Tweaked

Delmarva Balloon Rides

This past weekend, the gf and I headed out to the Eastern shore for some hot air ballooning! Very cool indeed.

Conditions permitting, Todd goes up twice a day, early morning (meet up at 5:45 am!) and early evening (3 hours before sunset). We stayed the night on Kent Island, about 5 miles from Todd's house. We met him at his house and he drove us to the take-off site, approx. 30 minutes away. Half hour or so set up and off you go. Balloon ride ride takes around 60 minutes and depending on wind speed you travel around 8-10 miles across the Delmarva. We reached an altitude of approx. 1,700 feet. His chase team meets you at the landing site, another 30 minutes for pack up and back to Todd's house for a champagne toast. We finished up around 9:30am...and off to breakfast at Holly's Restaurant

It's the pictures that do it justice:

post-44-0-00598700-1347991144_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-29271700-1347991318_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-77220300-1347991371_thumb.jpg

Martin Rundle

Having just proposed to my fiancee courtesy of Todd's company I'll second the wonderful uniqueness of the experience. Moreover, Todd is a dedicated pilot who is fully invested in the complete satisfaction of your experience.

Tommy Flaherty

---

[Tommy, if you get a chance could you add 15 more words, or another 1-2 sentences of detail? The informal rminimum for subsequent posts is 50 words, but I don't want to be a dictator about it - if you can get around to it - great!]

Edited by DonRocks
  • Like 1