Firelake Grill, in the Former Old Ruby Tuesday's Space in Tenleytown - Closed

Was walking down Wisconsin Ave today and there was a sign for "Firelake Grill" opening soon in the old Ruby Tuesday's space at Wisconsin and Van Ness.

The contractor who is renovating the space is the same one who worked on all of the various Ray's restaurants. Is it possible Michael Landrum is opening in Upper NW? (Which would be the best thing to happen to this neighborhood in a long time).

Anyone have any info?

As I have continued my quest to find out more information on this restaurant, it is sadly not Michael. The restaurant is being opened by the owners of the former PGA Tour Grill in Rockville. Anyone remember that place?

Thanks for the update Adam, and for breaking this news on September 29th. I just read an Eater DC piece, and I was certain that Prince of Petworth had first reported this story on October 2nd until I noticed your post just now.

The restaurant is being opened by the owners of the former PGA Tour Grill in Rockville. Anyone remember that place?

It's "former" for a reason. Almost appropriate that they're opening in the old Ruby Tuesday's spot, since that's what I likened the PGA Tour Grill to the one time I got dragged there. Except that my bill was twice as high than it would have been if I'd gone to Ruby Tuesday's.

Is there any relation to this restaurant in Minneapolis? (link)

We are searching for a place for a graduation meal (in Mpls) and Fireplace Grill was mentioned as a possibility. Someone in MN said they heard it was opening in Bethesda. Doesn't look like they are affiliated to me, but one never knows...

As I have continued my quest to find out more information on this restaurant, it is sadly not Michael. The restaurant is being opened by the owners of the former PGA Tour Grill in Rockville. Anyone remember that place?

Are you sure about this?

Those owners are HMSHost, part of AutoGrill, reportedly "the world's largest provider of food, beverage, and retail service for travelers" (and presumably the ultimate pot of gold for Cuisine Solutions ;)).

Are you sure about this?

Those owners are HMSHost, part of AutoGrill, reportedly "the world's largest provider of food, beverage, and retail service for travelers" (and presumably the ultimate pot of gold for Cuisine Solutions ;)).

Yes 100% positive. Firelake Grill is owned by Bob Slade - here is a link to an article about his ownership (may have been partial) in PGA Tour Grill.

http://ww2.gazette.net/stories/042606/entedin162636_31954.shtml

He was also the owner of "Slades" in Bethesda among other restaurants. Last time I spoke with him it was opening before the New Year 2013. Looks like that isn't happening.

Are you sure about this?

Based on the HMSHost webstite, it looks like they just license brands (Baja Fresh, CPK, Chilis, Starbucks, etc.) to put these restaurants in airports or other travel areas. I would think that this restaurant is completely independent.

.....so anyone can come by and grab that stuff on the street????    Oh my...if I were a restaurateur with a truck and bodies...there is a gold mine of stuff there.  It beats the heck out of auction prices

If I were anyone with a truck and some bodies and some storage...there is some value there.  geez.

I received a copy of their business plan about two years ago for a potential investment. It was doomed to fail for any one of a few reasons.

As an aside, can't DC find someone other than the US Marshals for garden variety evictions? Seems a waste of talent and resources.

.....so anyone can come by and grab that stuff on the street????    Oh my...if I were a restaurateur with a truck and bodies...there is a gold mine of stuff there.  It beats the heck out of auction prices

If I were anyone with a truck and some bodies and some storage...there is some value there.  geez.

Russ Ptacek from WUSA9 tweeted that day:

Wildest eviction I've ever seen. Soon as Marshals emptied Fire Lake Grill-scavengers took pots, tables, chairs @wusa9 pic.twitter.com/uorWctvvuM