Chef Will Artley from Pizzeria Orso on The Food Network's "Chopped," Sunday NIght at 10 PM

DonRocks

We had our pre-Thanksgiving repast in Orso tonight, and Will wasn't giving any Chopped results away - and I didn't press him, either. The restaurant is having a viewing party (public invited) Sunday night at 10 PM for Will's episode.

I just saw this show for the first time with Matt (the one where Chef Desaintmartin won), and I can see Will advancing, and perhaps winning, but I'm not sure his forté is rapid menu development, and that's a large part of this; I can easily see him not winning if he can't throw something together quickly (but that, does not a chef, make). He's got the personality to do well on these types of shows (although based on what I saw, substance won over personality during the judging process which is what made it worthwhile to watch for me - I saw no favoritism, and I respected that).

The show was fun, intentionally over-dramatic, and the judges (hopefully intentionally) annoying, but for the most part, astute. Matt has been trying to get me to be on these shows for awhile now, and if I could get over my camera shyness, I think I'd be good at it. Who knows what the future holds in store?

Good luck to Chef Will!

Don and Matt