Author Wanted To Tell My Story - No, It's Not About Karen.

DonRocks

There is this "thing" about me that very few people know about.

I'm ready for my story to be told; I don't want to write it myself.

If you're a good writer who is interested in taking authorial credit for an exposé, perhaps on your own blog, then please get in touch with me. I will consider a newspaper or magazine writer as well, but this story needs to be told on its own terms, and cannot be subject to editorial constraints or mercenary motivation. 

The story could range from 5,000-20,000 words, depending on how much detail, time, and effort you want to put into it - there is a *lot* to tell about a very difficult, unique situation that could easily launch you on a writing career. An intern wanting to break into restaurant writing would be perfect, or perhaps someone wanting to write a senior paper for a B.A. in English or Journalism.

I can't pay you anything (although we'll undoubtedly have many a meal together, my treat), but if done properly, this will draw a great deal of attention onto a young author, and I'd almost prefer it if you're not a "known" writer - you will be when you finish this - the scope of this story has very little to do with the world of restaurants and dining, although that will certainly be woven into it at your discretion.

If you're a good writer who is interested in taking authorial credit for a serial piece, perhaps on your own blog, then please get in touch with me. I will consider a newspaper or magazine writer as well, but this story needs to be told on its own terms, and cannot be subject to editorial constraints or mercenary motivation. This would be fertile territory for a senior paper or even a Master's thesis, depending on what you're studying.

The story could range from 10,000 words up to 100,000, depending on how much detail, time, and effort you want to put into it - there is a *lot* to tell, and it's probably best done in installments. A confidentiality agreement will need to be signed.

I can't pay you anything (although we'll undoubtedly have many a meal together, my treat), but if done properly, this will draw a great deal of attention onto a young author, and I couldn't care less if you're a "known" writer. The scope of this story will be much broader than the world of restaurants and dining, although that will certainly be woven into it.

Folks, forget about my need for a Catering Forum Host - this is a thousand times more important. I thought I had a young, eager-beaver, but she turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Who wants it? It's the type of story, especially if you already have a blog, that will bring you to prominence as a writer.

Get in touch, either here via PM, or at my email address.

If you're a good writer who is interested in taking authorial credit for an exposé, perhaps on your own blog, then please get in touch with me. I will consider a newspaper or magazine writer as well, but this story needs to be told on its own terms, and cannot be subject to editorial constraints or mercenary motivation.

The story could range from 5,000-20,000 words, depending on how much detail, time, and effort you want to put into it - there is a *lot* to tell about a very difficult, unique situation that could easily launch you on a writing career. An intern wanting to break into restaurant writing would be perfect, or perhaps someone wanting to write a senior paper for a B.A. in English or Journalism.

I can't pay you anything (although we'll undoubtedly have many a meal together, my treat), but if done properly, this will draw a great deal of attention onto a young author, and I'd almost prefer it if you're not a "known" writer - you will be when you finish this - the scope of this story has very little to do with the world of restaurants and dining, although that will certainly be woven into it at your discretion.

Folks, forget about my need for a Catering Forum Host - this is a thousand times more important. I thought I had a young, eager-beaver, but she turned out to be a huge disappointment.

Who wants it? It's the type of story, especially if you already have a blog, that will bring you to prominence as a writer.

Get in touch, either here via PM, or at my email address.

Gang, I'm still looking - please contact me if you're interested. I had a professional writer who seemed extremely promising, but he gave up after pitching the story to the wrong people (two organizations who have a restaurant critic working for them - not surprising at all that he didn't get past the gatekeepers).

Write this story correctly, and it makes your career.

I fucking love when you go on these writing binges Don. There's not a DC-area writer who more honestly and earnestly captures the experience of dining at a particular restaurant. 

I genuinely appreciate these kind words, Jason; I only wish your post wasn't closely related to this, but it is.