Where Did I Dine? A Photograph-Based Guessing Game

They look pretty good, although appears not to be homemade chips. Not a special at Daikaya?

Not Daikaya (not a special either). The chips were pretty uniform looking, but the description of the chips made it seem like they may be housemade. I haven't seen these type of chips before.

ETA- but maybe the chips are bought. I'm googling. I just don't know. It's the kind of place where they may be housemade (and I'd assume they are).

BourbonSteak

Yes!  The menu at the bar at Bourbon Steak.  I'm surprised no one tried to figure out what was on the nachos, though the makeup of the nachos would have led me to guess DGS (DGS has a good reuben egg roll).  From the bar menu (also attached):

Reuben nachos - house pastrami, secret sauce, sauerkraut, caraway corn chips.

(They were good but like having the guts of a sandwich on chips.  Not quite nacho-like, though I think the secret sauce had cheese in it.  I prefer traditional nachos.)

post-889-0-05821300-1447378416_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I think Clarity has an open kitchen like that you can sit at?

Oooooh, I think you may be on to something here!

I distinctly remember their tall water glasses. It was a pleasant contrast from seemingly every other new place in town that serves water in something slightly smaller than a thimble.

Wow, I was just about to post that I didn't think it would be Clarity. I haven't seen that dish before, and even the water glass looks skinnier than I remember.

I googled based on the picture, as I haven't been to Clarity yet, but knew they had an open kitchen.  I saw they use earthenware for service and had tall waterglasses in their images, so I thought it looked right.  Makes me want to go even more, I loved sitting at the open kitchen at Gypsy Soul.

Wow, I was just about to post that I didn't think it would be Clarity. I haven't seen that dish before, and even the water glass looks skinnier than I remember.

The dish on their menu is Seared New-England Scallops, and it is described as with: "quinoa, haricot verts, cranberry, orange, brown butter."  Very good, in my opinion.

They have a small three-table room just off of the kitchen, and that is where we were seated.To me it was a great place to be seated as the noise level was much, much lower than in the main dining area (which was packed).

• Like 1

Was it good? Looks like dirty dish water.

It was "okay" - I think the "dirty dish water" you're seeing looks like miso paste, but might be Hakata Tonkatsu - miso paste would have a more distinctive flavor that I'd recognize.

Nobody's going to guess this, but I will say that if it wasn't for the website you're reading, you'd never know that a car drove through the front of the restaurant earlier this year.

This Corned Beef King? If so, then that's pretty rock-solid guessing by booklovingbabe and ALB.

If by guessing you mean the place I get take out from about every other month when I visit my parents in Olney.. (you can eat in but the Exxon does leave a bit to be desired in ambiance.) :)