Restaurants That Don't Cost A, Erm, Mint

Going to Philly next week for the first time ever. I already have reservations at Morimoto, but after splurging on omakase, I'll be looking for some more bargain-oriented places. I'm staying at the Marriott on Market Street--any recommendations? Bonus for restaurants where both meat-eaters and vegetarians can be happy!

Perhaps not on the cheap, but when you consider a BYOB (click that) you are saving a lot of money on wine. Mandoline and Matyson are among the city's most loved BYOB's.

One the cheap: walk over to Reading Terminal Market. Both meat eaters (read: DiNic' roast pork with greens) and vegetarians (I"m thinking mac and cheese with some collards from Delilah's) can pick from among a myriad of food options. Grab a beer in back at the beer garden. Also in RTM is the Down Home Diner; a nice place for breakfast.

Nodding Head brewpub also has a small handful of veggie menu items, and again great beer.

also, literally down the street from nodding head is su xing house, a vegetarian chinese restaurant that is pretty decent. here's a write up my friend wrote last year for the philly weekly. i was pleasantly surprised that my carnivorous brother liked the food, even though it was all vegetarian.