Mixed berry, rhubarb, and apple pie

#10052 StarStraf

StarStraf

grouper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

Long time no posting - Last week we at at Los Cuates   (http://www.loscuatesrestaurant.com/) on King Street in Old Town. 

We have been on very restricted doctor controlled diet January - last week and thus not eating out except a few steak places and stayed off the board as it was just to tempting - Diet (Ideal Protein) was a success we lost 87 pounds between the two of us and more important my blood sugar numbers are normal.  

But once done we had to choose where to eat - and I knew that Mexican food was going to win out as the idea of cheese and carbs combined was the thing I missed the most -  I had the Seafood Burrito Veracruz and he had steak tacos, we split a guacamole  it was wonderful - even on Cinco de Mayo we only had a 15 minute wait cause they were being great about extra staff and getting food to table quickly. 

Star Star & Pooch Picucci (And sometimes Grandma Lila)
- Looking for some great Mexican, Sushi, and a good Canolli in Alexandria area.

#10053 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 06:32 AM

Poached salmon

Coleslaw

Boiled new potatoes with lemon and butter

Steamed asparagus with butter

#10054 bettyjoan

bettyjoan

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

Mustard and sage grilled chicken

Roasted asparagus with lemon-sage butter

Can you tell that the sage in the garden is doing well?  :D

#10055 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

Baked ziti was last night's featured presentation.  I thought about a salad, but found that my lettuce had frozen :angry: .  There was spinach in the ziti, though, for a green vegetable.

#10056 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 09:10 AM

Laat night was Christmas lima beans, smoked turkey drumsticks, quinoa, and stir-fried snow peas, scallions, and mushrooms.

#10057 Pool Boy

Pool Boy

DC Crüdite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 11:44 AM

We made these veal roulades of a sort.

Roll some pounded out veal that has been lined with thin prosciutto and a nice nubbin of fresh mozzarella (and pepper), up like a crescent roll. Pinch the ends shut with toothpicks. Then take two skewers and jam the roll on to it and move it down. Take some 1/4 inch or less pancetta half rounds and jam them on the skewers next. Then repeat with the veal, pancetta, veal and pancetta. Do this again for another set of skewers. Do this to have at least one set of full skewers per person. Grill these on a medium to medium high grill, flipping regularly and basting regularly with olive oil, for twenty minutes or so (depending on how rare you want things, and how runny you want your cheese. We served it with an arugula salad and a nice toscano rosso (not the bestest pairing, but it worked). Not my best work, but still quite tasty.

Food.Wine.Cats.Music.Travel.Hawaiian Shirts.Art.Hiking.Photography.Movie Quotes.Impressions-Humor-Voices For My Cats. :)

#10058 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 12:55 PM

Guacamole and tortilla chips

Salad of romaine, radicchio, Belgian endive, radishes, mushrooms, avocado, nicoise olives, and shredded cheddar cheese; shiitake-sesame vinaigrette
Leftover baked ziti

#10059 Pool Boy

Pool Boy

DC Crüdite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 01:36 PM

We're making goat cheese ice cream with cognac boozed fig 'topping' to go with to finish up some Ottoleghi-an lamb chops paired with a carrot with crispy chick pea salad. We'll see how the ice cream turns out (it is a Jeni's recipe - the gold standard).

• Pat and Xochitl10 like this

Food.Wine.Cats.Music.Travel.Hawaiian Shirts.Art.Hiking.Photography.Movie Quotes.Impressions-Humor-Voices For My Cats. :)

#10060 Xochitl10

Xochitl10

えいえい東北!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 07:55 PM

Toasted sharp cheddar sandwich

Snifter of Camus Ile de Re cognac

It's been a looooooong weekend.

北緯39度

"I am not edible!" -- C-3PO

#10061 dcandohio

dcandohio

hammerhead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 06:11 AM

Arroz con pollo made with Iranian saffron I bought in the spice souk in Dubai
Simple mixed green salad topped with raspberries

Shut up and pour another glass of wine, please.

#10062 nelumbo

nelumbo

grouper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 05:14 PM

Dinner: kimchi pancake and the last of the leftover chard-goat cheese-bacon pizza.

Currently cooking for weekend lunches:

Chard, roasted sweet potatoes, and quinoa with a lemon-garlic-balsamic dressing.  I am tempted to drink the entire bowl of dressing as is, but I guess that would be a bad idea....

#10063 Pat

Pat

clownfish

• Membership Director
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 06:03 PM

Leftover Christmas lima beans with smoked turkey

Leftover half of a beef burrito from Tortilla Cafe

Corn on the cob (sweet white) with butter, s + p

#10064 johnb

johnb

leviathan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,126 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:26 PM

Was in Atlanta yesterday, and happened to be at the fish counter (huge) at Buford Highway Farmers Market just as they were putting out some red snappers, so beautiful, so fresh.  I couldn't resist, so brought home a 3+ pounder in ice.  This evening I improvised a poacher/steamer in the largest roasting pan I own using lots of foil.  Poached/steamed it on the stovetop.  Included some onions, tomatoes, potatoes, savoy cabbage, and corn on the cob right in the poacher.  Made a butter sauce with shallots and garlic and some herbs.  So good!

• Pat likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users