Anniversary Dinner in DC - Quiet and Romantic, With Great Food

B.A.R.

A colleague from out of town is coming to DC for her first anniversary and asked me to make some restaurant recommendations. She wants something intimate, with great food (preferably local), and someplace where "I won't feel silly in a new dress".

Although I have come up with a short-list, I'm sure the DR.com crowd will have some suggestions that never even crossed my mind. Thanks in advance.

A colleague from out of town is coming to DC for her first anniversary and asked me to make some restaurant recommendations. She wants something intimate, with great food (preferably local), and someplace where "I won't feel silly in a new dress".

Although I have come up with a short-list, I'm sure the DR.com crowd will have some suggestions that never even crossed my mind. Thanks in advance.

The very first thing that popped into my mind was Marcel's.

Second was Restaurant Eve.

Then Corduroy.

I'm not saying these are correct; just saying what popped into my mind.

I keep wanting to say CityZen, but it's not a place I'd call "intimate." (Expecting a nastygram on my cell phone in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ....)

With the opening of Baby Wale, Corduroy may be diverted right now.

Plume?

Congratulations! I can't tell if you're being facetious about part or all of your post. In case the last part isn't: Arrowine meats and cheeses with Leonora bread, and Lebanese Taverna market salads. It'll cost you plenty (you can drop $100 on something like this), but you'll have an awesome at-home meal with 10-15 different items.

• Like 1

I told her Komi (if money is no object), 1789 (old-school, intimate, great cooking right now), and Corduroy (Intimate, elegant, Tom Power). Marcels was my odd man out (not everyone gets excited by great French fare), and Cityzen was bumped from my list for the intimacy factor.

ETA - Happy Anniversary The Delicious!

If we're not looking for tasting menus (so no Komi or CityZen) or French (no Marcel's), are Corduroy and 1789 our best bets for a dinner like this?  DC or NoVA, preferably at least a couple plainer items on the menu for DH.  Is Vermilion still good?  Had a lovely anniversary there a few years ago, but I believe that chef is gone.

We had a really nice birthday dinner for my SIL at The Source and I think it is pretty intimate in that the tables aren't spaced too close and you are able to talk, it was timed nicely, service was excellent and professional.  I did not feel silly dressed up.  The food was exceptionally good.  We had a really nice dinner.  I thought everything I tasted the duck, salmon, drunken noodles, a lot of dumplings (oh soo good), carrot cake, was great.