Memorial Day

JPW

As I'm taking off, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day.

Think of that special vet. For me, it is my deceased great uncle Charlie who was in an Engineering Company and landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day.

If you're driving -- be safe!

Every day should be Memorial Day.

I was having dinner at the bar of Monty's Steakhouse last weekend, and a couple was sitting to my right. We struck up a conversation, and it got to the inevitable "what do you do?" question (which I sloughed off, but returned the question):

"I'm in the Navy."

"Thank you."

"Thank you for thanking me."

Don't ever forget.

• Like 2

I was having dinner at the bar of Monty's Steakhouse last weekend, and a couple was sitting to my right. We struck up a conversation, and it got to the inevitable "what do you do?" question (which I sloughed off, but returned the question):

"I'm in the Navy."

"Thank you."

Don't ever forget.

So true and wherever we are... I was recently at a B&B in France, sitting during dinner next to a guy who said he was in the army in Holland and had served alongside American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. I thanked him and he remarked how touched he was that in all his travels, Americans have been so appreciative, in contrast with folks back home for him... Sad on many levels. But just another reminder of how important it is to thank...

• Like 1

As I'm taking off, I just wanted to wish everyone a happy Memorial Day.

Think of that special vet. For me, it is my deceased great uncle Charlie who was in an Engineering Company and landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day.

If you're driving -- be safe!

"I'm in the Navy."

"Thank you."

Don't ever forget.

So true and wherever we are... I was recently at a B&B in France, sitting during dinner next to a guy who said he was in the army in Holland and had served alongside American troops in Iraq and Afghanistan. I thanked him and he remarked how touched he was that in all his travels, Americans have been so appreciative, in contrast with folks back home for him... Sad on many levels. But just another reminder of how important it is to thank...

I know there have been some articles written in the past year about soldiers not wanting to hear people like me say thank you, but I'm sorry, I'm going to say it anyway.

Thank you.

• Like 1