Sanbeiji (Three-Cup Chicken)

Pras' post this morning prompted me to post this, a question I've been wondering for a while now: Where in area can we find excellent three-cup chicken (or eggplant), particularly MD (and DC, tho doubtful of course)?

A lot of places carry it, but few places do it well. The last time I had a tasty three-cup chicken it was at Michael's Noodles, but that was quite a while ago, haven't been back. Interestingly and new to me, as I was checking out background info on the dish, according to Wikipedia, it doesn't originate in Taiwan and it's not supposed to have sauce. For me, perhaps the best part is the sauce (and basil) -- I love to smother it over rice and nom nom it up.

Any suggestions for places with tasty, well-prepared three-cup chicken/sanbeiji -- and contrary to Wikipedia, enough delicious sauce to pour over rice?

It's not always consistent, but when it's on, the version at Sichuan Jin River is great.

Pras' post this morning prompted me to post this, a question I've been wondering for a while now: Where in area can we find excellent three-cup chicken (or eggplant), particularly MD (and DC, tho doubtful of course)?

A lot of places carry it, but few places do it well. The last time I had a tasty three-cup chicken it was at Michael's Noodles, but that was quite a while ago, haven't been back. Interestingly and new to me, as I was checking out background info on the dish, according to Wikipedia, it doesn't originate in Taiwan and it's not supposed to have sauce. For me, perhaps the best part is the sauce (and basil) -- I love to smother it over rice and nom nom it up.

Any suggestions for places with tasty, well-prepared three-cup chicken/sanbeiji -- and contrary to Wikipedia, enough delicious sauce to pour over rice?

• Like 1

Thank you both!

As it turns out, today I ordered from Fushing Cafe (behind Montgomery Mall in Bethesda) at my dad's request to bring over to my parents for lunch; among other things he said their 3-cup chicken was pretty good and he'd like us to get it. Hesitant to second-guess my Chinese foodie dad, I went with it even though the menu said it was made with chicken breast. Was pleasantly surprised -- the chicken was very tender, the sauce had good flavor and there was plenty of basil in it. One note: I ordered extra sauce (listed as an add-on option on the online menu), which was a bust -- not nearly as good in flavor as the sauce in the dish itself. The dish itself, I would order again if going to/carrying out from Fushing Cafe.