Garden Centers That Sell 4-6 Pack Vegetable Containers

Bart

Does anyone know of any garden centers that sell vegetables in 4 or 6 cell packs?

It used to be you could get a 4 pack or 6 pack of peppers or eggplants or tomatoes, etc for 3 or 4 bucks, but now the only things I can find are 1 plant per pot at 3 or 4 bucks per plant.

I checked at Lowes, Home Depot and (gasp) Walmart today and all of them only sold individual plants.  My local garden center (non-chain) also only carries plants as singles.

Are there any old timey places out there that still sell the multi-packs?

Thanks!

I don't know where you live, but if you can get to the Four Mile Run Farmer's Market on Sunday, C&T Produce sells packs of plants for a couple of bucks each.  I got some herbs and bell peppers last week.  The eggplants are already gone, but there are several varieties of tomatoes remaining. 

Thanks for the tip!

A Del Ray buddy of mine recommended the GreenStreet Garden Center at 1721 West Braddock Rd, Alex, VA (near Route 7 and Quaker Lane) and I swung by there today at lunch.  They had a ton of stuff still left including 5 or so different eggplant varieties, 10 or so peppers, 20 or so tomatoes, herbs, etc.  For most of these items they sold them in the 4-packs and well as in bigger one-plant-per-pot pots.  Good prices too!

I never think of Greenstreet, even though I can walk to it.  They have new owners, and I'm glad they have a decent selection now.  Anyone looking for tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers can head to Shoppers at Potomac Yard.  I just got a six pack of Fairytale eggplants for $1.99.  Also picked up some catnip. 

Does anyone know of any garden centers that sell vegetables in 4 or 6 cell packs?

It used to be you could get a 4 pack or 6 pack of peppers or eggplants or tomatoes, etc for 3 or 4 bucks, but now the only things I can find are 1 plant per pot at 3 or 4 bucks per plant.

I checked at Lowes, Home Depot and (gasp) Walmart today and all of them only sold individual plants.  My local garden center (non-chain) also only carries plants as singles.

Are there any old timey places out there that still sell the multi-packs?

Thanks!

For us n00bs, could you post a picture of such a thing?