Piccolo Angolo, The Migliorini Family's Classic Italian Trattoria on Hudson Street in West Village

One of my faves in the city is Piccolo Angolo at the corner of Hudson and Jane. Reservations are a must, and even then it might be a little bit before they can squeeze you in. Sometimes service can be brusque. The tasty house vino comes in a bottle with a "Grolsch top." Not that there's anything wrong with that. Nevertheless, it's really great food at a really decent price. And you never know who you might meet! Black Sheep got to wait on line for the rest room with Mike Piazza. Good thing she's a Mets fan!

wanted to share a new favorite of mine when i visit NYC....Piccolo Angolo is on 621 Hudson street..cross street is Jane in the West Village...LOVE LOVE LOVE this place..only seat about 50 ppl max...now run by the brother and sister of the father..inceidently ,,the father works the room and tries to sell you on the specials and such...anyway...havent had a bad meal here and love the whole experience..worth a visit..or 5 ;)

Boy, did you just hit on one of my favorite places for the past 15 years or so. Renato (the father) is a real character. Meatball the size of a softball & a line-up of old style dishes hardly found in NYC any longer, especially at this quality level. The price isn't so high any more compared to the new old style places opening up, like Carbone. Well worth going. Nice find.

• Like 1