Bella, Italian on Van Dusen Road near Laurel Hospital in the Former Pasta Nostra Space

The name of Pasta Nostra has changed to Bella. From a driveway it looks similar in concept, but I suspect an ownership and/or chefly change. Might have to investigate.

Could you find out if it has new owners? Assuming yes, I'm starting a separate thread for Bella; if it's just a facelift, I'll merge the two threads back into one. I can't find anything about Bella on the internet - not one word - so I'm wondering if it opened very recently. Pasta Nostra had definitely closed, so there was a period of time with nothing open at 7423 Van Dusen Road. Thanks Pool Boy - you're our Mayor of Laurel. You too, Justin. :)

Here is a recent article I read about Bella and its new owners recently. They are Nepalese.

"Laurel Restaurant Owners Keeping Eye On Homeland After Earthquake In Nepal" by Tony Glaros on baltimoresun.com

Also, they appear to have a website up now.

So it is some leftover of the Italian menu from Pasta Nostra, as well as Indian cuisine offerings. They also appear to *deliver*. I have no idea if the food is any good, but it might be worth a try, delivery or otherwise, to see what's up with the new place.

I've had food from the Indian portion of the menu delivered twice now. Orders have always been correct and delivery timely for what that's worth (I've ordered through Eat24 and been able to use a coupon both times).

The first time around I ordered the samosas, chicken saag and matar paneer. Here were my comments to a friend (possible I had had a glass or two of wine at this point :P):

Pretty subpar, but not inedible. Samosas had decent flavor but an indistinguishable mush inside. Everything had a mild pleasant heat. I could probably make better but it would not be delivered to my door without effort.

The second time around I ordered the samosas again along with the chicken tikka masala and the moo gobi and enjoyed everything a little more than the previous time.

Basically, the best I can say is that the food is not offensive in any way, portions are what I would expect (the rice overly generous), and I am happy to have a different delivery option available to me, but I would not seek the restaurant out otherwise. Can't speak to how the Italian is shaping up under the new ownership.

I've had food from the Indian portion of the menu delivered twice now. Orders have always been correct and delivery timely for what that's worth (I've ordered through Eat24 and been able to use a coupon both times).

The first time around I ordered the samosas, chicken saag and matar paneer. Here were my comments to a friend (possible I had had a glass or two of wine at this point :P):

Pretty subpar, but not inedible. Samosas had decent flavor but an indistinguishable mush inside. Everything had a mild pleasant heat. I could probably make better but it would not be delivered to my door without effort.

The second time around I ordered the samosas again along with the chicken tikka masala and the moo gobi and enjoyed everything a little more than the previous time.

Basically, the best I can say is that the food is not offensive in any way, portions are what I would expect (the rice overly generous), and I am happy to have a different delivery option available to me, but I would not seek the restaurant out otherwise. Can't speak to how the Italian is shaping up under the new ownership.

Well that is disappointing. I am honestly not sure how long they have been trying, but I hope they adapt and succeed.

Well that is disappointing. I am honestly not sure how long they have been trying, but I hope they adapt and succeed.

Well, do try it and see what you think. It's possible my absolute love and adoration of Royal Taj is skewing my opinions of all other Indian food unfairly. ;) Although I will admit I felt emboldened by a Yelp reviewers comment that the food was on par with the frozen meals you get in the grocery store. There are also multiple comments that the naan is more of a flatbread than actual naan. I've never ordered it, but one reviewer's photo does seem to support that.