Klink, An Alcohol Delivery Service

bettyjoan

The Washington Post ran an article a couple of weeks back about all of the grocery delivery services we have at our disposal in the DC area.  I tried a new one yesterday, Klink - you can order wine, beer, spirits, ice, and mixers, and it will be delivered right to your door.  The delivery fee is $3.97 for a $20 minimum order, which is very reasonable in comparison to some other courier services I've tried.  Also, in contrast to some of the grocery services, Klink does not mark up their prices - the prices seemed to be in line with area stores (of course you can get things cheaper sometimes, but sometimes you don't have time to comparison shop).

The wine selection isn't great, but I was surprised by some of the beers I was able to order.  Considering that I was in the middle of a move and had to make sure I had munitions for a visit from the in-laws (and seeing that it was pouring rain yesterday), I was extremely grateful to the very friendly and courteous delivery guy.  I also got a follow up call from one of the higher-ups at Klink, thanking me for the order and letting me know that he appreciated my business.  Nice touch.

You can order online or via app, which is nice.  I feel like this service would be amazing if you needed reinforcements during a party or you were just running short on time and wanted someone else to do the heavy lifting.

• Like 2