Uruguayan Tannat or Baja California wine

Rieux

I've been invited to a wine tasting party where we are supposed to bring wines from "unexpected" countries.  Since I travel to Latin America a lot, I thought about bringing a red from either Uruguay or Mexico, which would be unexpected as wine countries to someone who does not know the region.

But, where in DC can I find a good Uruguayan Tannat or a Baja red?  I'd really rather not go to VA if I can avoid it, although I know Total Wine has a Tannat in stock.

Anyone?  NW preferred....

I've been invited to a wine tasting party where we are supposed to bring wines from "unexpected" countries.  Since I travel to Latin America a lot, I thought about bringing a red from either Uruguay or Mexico, which would be unexpected as wine countries to someone who does not know the region.

But, where in DC can I find a good Uruguayan Tannat or a Baja red?  I'd really rather not go to VA if I can avoid it, although I know Total Wine has a Tannat in stock.

Anyone?  NW preferred....

I'd call MacArthur liquors first. Tannat won't be a problem; it's the "Uruguayan" in front of it that makes it one. Likewise, I've had several reds from Baja, California, but can't remember for the life of me where, or when (the ones I've had haven't been great). Is there time for you to do mail order?

Thanks, before I saw lovehockey's post I went ahead and ordered two bottles of the very good Pisano Tannat from Total Wine in McLean, which I will trek out to to pick up some time early next week.  I also saw on MacArthur's site that they have a baja red that I have had before and that is pretty good, so maybe I'll stop there on my way to McLean via Chain Bridge and pick up a bottle too.

Thanks, before I saw lovehockey's post I went ahead and ordered two bottles of the very good Pisano Tannat from Total Wine in McLean, which I will trek out to to pick up some time early next week.  I also saw on MacArthur's site that they have a baja red that I have had before and that is pretty good, so maybe I'll stop there on my way to McLean via Chain Bridge and pick up a bottle too.

You can go to the new Seventh Street Pizza and see if it's open.