Michelin Two-Star Chef Gerard Pangaud Chef's-Table Dinner at Malmaison - Mar 13, 2015

DonRocks

For those lamenting the loss of Palena and CityZen, lament not: The great Gerard Panguard - the youngest chef ever to win two Michelin Stars at the time he won them - is hosting a Chef's Table Dinner at Malmaison in Georgetown on Friday evening, Mar 13, 2015.

The cost for the event is $200 plus tax and gratuity.

As Gerard wrote me: "I'm doing this for fun, not for money." Gerard Pangaud is a first-ballot Washington, DC hall-of-fame chef, and if you've never had him at his best, this is your chance. I need to get the details about how to pay, who to pay, etc., but they'll be coming with the wine pairings - this is so you can mark your calendar.

I suspect this will be one of the very best meals served in the United States on March 13th. I haven't had this exact lobster prep, but his "Lobster with Ginger, Sauternes, and Lime" is pretty much his signature dish, and is remarkable.

Here is the menu, with Gerard himself cooking all the dishes. Wine pairings, reservation, and payment instructions to follow shortly:

Michelin Two-Star Chef Gerard Pangaud Presents:

A Chef's-Table Dinner at Malmaison, Georgetown
Friday, March 13, 2015 at 7PM

Salsifys, Foie Gras and Black Truffles Soup

Minute of Rockfish with Caviar, Leeks Vinaigrette with House Made Vinegar and Olive Oil

Sauteed Sea Scallops, Sauteed Jerusalem Artichokes, Two Ginger and Lemon Paste

Lobster Cooked in Almond Milk with Lime, Lemon Grass, Bergamot and Vanilla, 
Basmati Rice with Green Curry and Candied Grapefruit and Roasted Grapefruit and Cauliflower 

Roasted Squab with Corn Pancakes and Wild Mushrooms,  Jus Perfumed with Coffee

Lamb Chop "Souffle" with Roasted Garlic Served with Carrots Cooked with Sorrel

Savarin with Roasted Banana, Baked Pineapple, and Exotic fruit Syrup

Assorted Macaroons
  • Like 5