Please note: this thread is for DC residents only as weed remains illegal in the burbs.

At 12:01am tomorrow, pot is legal in the District! What restaurants have a mellow atmosphere with good munchies? I myself have no experience with this substance, but I was curious where those with reefer madness would frequent.

Great question! I think Indian buffet at Kohinoor Dhaba or Kabob Palace lamb skewers and rice. Shake Shack. Most of the taco shacks. Especially El Charrito Caminante. And of course Harold and Kumar's favorite, White Castle.

Interesting. Just looked it up. You have to actually be licensed in the District to prescribe Medical MJ. Many patients in DC see doctors in VA in MD for their chronic (pun intended) conditions. Since I'm in the cancer business, I've been very interested in managing pain, nausea, depression, appetite with MJ, but the state doesn't allow the medical community to use it's own judgment regarding this. So, a whispered 'well, if you can get your hands on some marijuana, it might help you' is all I have at my disposal.

I have a vague recollection (no, really...no pun intended) of a newish spot in DC that got some raves somewhere on this Winchester Mystery House of a website. Said place, as best I can recall, is very focused (some might say narrow) in its offerings.

Pretzels. Everything pretzels. What was the name of that place? Pretzel Palace? Pretzel Place? Twisted? On the thread I think I remember, one member may have even been a bit defensive (paranoid?) about their choice, declaring "don't judge me," "I just love it!", or something like that?

Pretzels. What chips and nachos were in he 80s?

From what I understand, pretzels may not be a good choice because, evidently, consuming marijuana can result in a dry mouth. I think it's reeferred to as "cotton mouth", but I could be wrong.

Hmmm. You seem quite knowledgable (and pretty particular) for someone lacking "experience with this substance."