Looking for the Ultimate Brunch

ctay122

Celebrating our 16th anniversary Sunday and want to do brunch. We live in Woodbridge and will consider DC, NoVA, and Loudon, Culpepper and Fauquier counties.  Price and travel time not an object, just looking for the best brunch found. Won't  hurt also if they have an amazing Bloody Mary.

I highly recommend the Ashby Inn in Paris, VA (Fauquier County).  We had brunch there in November and it was a fantastic experience. See my write-up of it here (scroll down to post #114).  As I noted in my review, the $45/person price included a Bloody Mary or their Ashby Imperial.  

Celebrating our 16th anniversary Sunday and want to do brunch. We live in Woodbridge and will consider DC, NoVA, and Loudon, Culpepper and Fauquier counties.  Price and travel time not an object, just looking for the best brunch found. Won't  hurt also if they have an amazing Bloody Mary.

Your post reminds me of how sad the brunch situation has become in this town. I'll never forget a Mother's Day Brunch Buffet I had at Citronelle - it cost something like $125, and was *worth it*.

Right now, your best bet in the area is probably Fiola Mare (that said, I would not discount LauraB's Ashby Inn recommendation, but Fiola Mare's $42 brunch comes with three courses and unlimited cocktails).

The brunch at Four Seasons *used* to be epic; I haven't been in many years - has anyone else? I don't doubt that it's lavish, but the question is: is it good? Just remember that it's downstairs in Seasons restaurant, and not at BourbonSteak (which might not be a bad thing).

FiolaMareBrunch20140228.pdf

The Colonnade at the Fairmont has a very good buffet brunch but I think they now only offer it a few times a year (although Easter might be one of them, for what it's worth).

For non-buffet brunch my personal favorite has been Birch and Barley, but I need to check out Fiola Mare.

The Colonnade at the Fairmont has a very good buffet brunch but I think they now only offer it a few times a year (although Easter might be one of them, for what it's worth).

For non-buffet brunch my personal favorite has been Birch and Barley, but I need to check out Fiola Mare.

Birch & Barley is an interesting recc. It's very good but didn't occur to me here because it seemed like the occasion (16th anniversary! Very cool btw!) and higher-price tolerance implied something more lavish and special. Fiola Mare, Ashby and the Four Seasons are all that.

Wondering now if Eve offers brunch? Not sure but, if they do, surely that would be a great one.

BTW, are you any relation to "DaveO"? :-)