I just got an email from Amazon Local with a discount code.

Of relevance here, there are restaurants selling $xx of value to spend at their establishments for some-less-than-100%-of-$xx.

An example - Le Mannequin Pis - $30 of food for $15. Obviously there are restrictions, too.

A way to drum up business or fill unused table inventory?

I just got an email from Amazon Local with a discount code.

Of relevance here, there are restaurants selling $xx of value to spend at their establishments for some-less-than-100%-of-$xx.

An example - Le Mannequin Pis - $30 of food for $15. Obviously there are restrictions, too.

A way to drum up business or fill unused table inventory?

Didn't there used to be a couple of much-hyped startups with this business model? One here in DC and the other in Chicago? The latter an inexplicably huge IPO success for a short while?

Didn't there used to be a couple of much-hyped startups with this business model? One here in DC and the other in Chicago? The latter an inexplicably huge IPO success for a short while?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.  :unsure: I *think* you are, and don't want to look like a boob, but I don't want to leave an earnest question unanswered just in case.

Once again, I sacrifice myself for the good of the community ... :)

In the off-event that "no," Groupon and Living Social?

• Like 1

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic.  :unsure: I *think* you are, and don't want to look like a boob, but I don't want to leave an earnest question unanswered just in case.

Once again, I sacrifice myself for the good of the community ... :)

In the off-event that "no," Groupon and Living Social?

I'm the only boob lookalike here, Don. Yes, was being sarcastic. We should adopt the s/f convention (for: sarcasm font on) convention here since can be hard to tell without tone and facial expression sometimes.

Just thought it funny and interesting that more businesses are adopting the approach taken by GRPN and the steadily contracting LS.

I'm the only boob lookalike here, Don. Yes, was being sarcastic. We should adopt the s/f convention (for: sarcasm font on) convention here since can be hard to tell without tone and facial expression sometimes.

Just thought it funny and interesting that more businesses are adopting the approach taken by GRPN and the steadily contracting LS.

But Amazon was just waiting to pounce on the model.  They have all kinds of room for error on this, plus they've learned from the errors the other companies have made.  They let the folks at Groupon, Living Social, et al., do all the setup work for them.

• Like 2

So I used one for Pizza Vinotecca and it was a really good deal.  But I only went on because of this article.  The good was that I didn't need to print out anything.  The bad meant that they took my cell phone for a few minutes to go ring up my tab.