Bluebird Bakery - Pastry Chefs Tom Wellings and Camila Arango on 9th and F Street near Gallery Place Metro - Closed

Pastry chefs Tom Wellings and Camila Arango opened up Bluebird Bakery at the old LivingSocial building by Gallery Place/Chinatown metro. They plan on serving croissants, scones, and tarts in the mornings and pizza bianca for lunch and the afternoon. I was able to try their pain au chocolate croissant and lemon ricotta torte. The chocolate croissant was good. Very similar to the ones in texture and flavor that St. Michel's used to make. The torte was the star of the show. The texture and flavor was amazing, as well as not being too sweet which is what I personally enjoy. The bakery will be open from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. every day except Sunday.  918 F St. NW

Pastry chefs Tom Wellings and Camila Arango opened up Bluebird Bakery at the old LivingSocial building by Gallery Place/Chinatown metro. They plan on serving croissants, scones, and tarts in the mornings and pizza bianca for lunch and the afternoon. I was able to try their pain au chocolate croissant and lemon ricotta torte. The chocolate croissant was good. Very similar to the ones in texture and flavor that St. Michel's used to make. The torte was the star of the show. The texture and flavor was amazing, as well as not being too sweet which is what I personally enjoy. The bakery will be open from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m. every day except Sunday.  918 F St. NW

Tom Wellings is a *fantastic* pastry chef. If you've never heard of him, it's time for you to find out who he is.

I'm initializing Bluebird Bakery in Italic in the Dining Guide, based on Tom Wellings' track record alone.

• Like 1