Neil Walker Of The Pittsburgh Pirates Starts The First 4-5-4 Triple Play In MLB History

DonRocks

That's cool.  I'd like to know how the 3rd baseman realized he was in a triple-play situation.

Good question: It wasn't the 3rd-base coach that told him, that's for sure.

As clueless as the 3rd baseman was, the 2nd baseman was lights-out in-the-moment. How did he think do such a thing?

Good question: It wasn't the 3rd-base coach that told him, that's for sure.

As clueless as the 3rd baseman was, the 2nd baseman was lights-out in-the-moment. How did he think do such a thing?

I'd say it was the screams from the Pirate coaches and other players in the 3rd base dugout. :)

Walker's decision was amazing. You can tell that he was headed towards second to double up the runner who had been there when he changed his mind because he still had a chance to double up the runner who had been at third.

I'd say it was the screams from the Pirate coaches and other players in the 3rd base dugout. :)

Walker's decision was amazing. You can tell that he was headed towards second to double up the runner who had been there when he changed his mind because he still had a chance to double up the runner who had been at third.

You're right about the screams coming from the dugout - Jung Ho Kang (the third baseman) was confused, and appears to have thought the inning was over.

Neil Walker, however, made one of the most heads-up plays I've ever seen.