McKeever's Pub, A Downtown McLean Dive-Bar Institution, Closed Jun 24, 2015

I grew up in Arlington and as a youngin' I used to hit up McKeever's since they never carded back in the day, the early 80's. I used to sneak into the back alley of Whiteys, before the expansion, and sneak into the kicthen and into the bar. The one I truly miss, Crow Bar.

I visited McKeever's yesterday evening and discovered that, unfortunately, they are closing at the end of June. Since I moved out of their neighborhood a few years ago, my vists have been limited to the occasional stop-by to wait out traffic on my way home from work down the GW Parkway, but I think it is still sad to lose yet another neighborhood institution.

• Like 1

I visited McKeever's yesterday evening and discovered that, unfortunately, they are closing at the end of June. Since I moved out of their neighborhood a few years ago, my vists have been limited to the occasional stop-by to wait out traffic on my way home from work down the GW Parkway, but I think it is still sad to lose yet another neighborhood institution.

Wow, just last week I drove by McKeever's - every time I do, I smile. I've been there exactly once, probably over twenty years ago, and it is a D-I-V-E. So bad it's good. I'm pleased to say that because of your post, I initialized coverage in the Dining Guide as the very lowest-ranked restaurant in McLean, and I suspect they wouldn't have it any other way.

I think of McKeever's as I do the Puku antelope in Botswana: I'll almost surely never seen one, but their extinction would make me extremely sad - such is the case here.

Note they're having a sale of McKeever's memorabilia on June 23rd:

post-2-0-59173800-1432998381_thumb.png