Elderflower Liqueur (St. Germain)

Expanding cocktail horizons require that I purchase things I never have.

Anyone know a reliable place (ideally in MD (MoCo and PG)) to get Elderflower liqueur (St. Germain?).

I live in Laurel and work in Bethesda if that helps. Willing to traipse in to the north nubbin of DC (Circle? Chevy Chase?), go to a specific MoCo shop, even go to Columbia, Beltsville, Greenbelt, Takoma Park, whatever. I would assume it is not horribly difficult to find, but how many bottles does any one shop sell of this really?

Thanks!

In a rather northerly area of DC, I saw elder flower liqueur at Calvert Woodley last Saturday. The brand was St. Elder. Some two or three years ago, on some restaurant website somewhere, I saw a cocktail described as being made with "elderly flower liqueur".

Schneider's of Capitol Hill sells it.

Back in 2008, Scooter/Scott, from Corduroy (at the time), gave me a spectacular recipe using St. Germain Elderflower:

In a cocktail shaker with ice add 1/2 oz Gin (sapphire works), 1/4 oz of fresh lemon juice and 1/4 oz St. Germain Elderflower. Shake and strain into a champagne flute and top with the sparkling wine of your choosing. Anything Brut will do. Finish with a twist of lemon and that's it.

• Like 2

Thanks all for the suggestions and also the cocktail! I plan on trying to score a bottle soon. Corridor is closest, but I do not really enjoy shopping there. If I strike out at Old Line in Beltsville, I'll head there over the weekend.

Scored some at Old Line after all. It's a pretty big bottle so I expect it'll last quite a while.

The makers of the St. Germain suggest finishing an opened bottle within 6 months because it is made without any preservatives.  Try making margaritas with it instead of triple sec.  Perfect for the summer.

The makers of the St. Germain suggest finishing an opened bottle within 6 months because it is made without any preservatives.  Try making margaritas with it instead of triple sec.  Perfect for the summer.

Hmm, I hadn't heard that but I've been thinking about whether my several-year-old bottle was healthy. It's turned a little brown and there's as sediment at the bottom. It's drinkable, though, but I guess not very fresh.