Dining in South Arlington

This particular post might be retitled;  Eating in Arlington.

Just ran into 3 Arlington cops at Earls at Courthouse/Clarendon.  I asked them where they like to eat in Arlington.  We were really speaking eating...not dining.  Recommendations from them included:

Chicken and Steak Las Brasas on 4 Mile Run

WiseGuy Pizza in Roslyn

Actually several of the Peruvian Chicken places

NOTHING on Columbia Pike

Earl's of Course

Metro 29 Diner

Perfect Pita in the Courthouse Plaza.

Advice from your local flat foots, who are all around the town, and need to fuel their stomachs, while not breaking the bank, during busy days

They really aren't all that far off.

Damn it, I don't feel like writing a review, but ... click.

• Like 1

I think there are a few places on Columbia Pike for quick bites. Pedro & Vinny's come to mind, as does some quick bites from the Bangkok 54 market. If you go further, I think Cynthia's Bakery is an option for saltenas? Sometimes there are trucks in the Food Star grocery store lot at George Mason & Columbia Pike.

Dona Bessy and the other dona place near Mr. Wash on Glebe offers pretty good pupusas, tamales, and the like.

South Arlington places go unnoticed....

• Like 1

I think there are a few places on Columbia Pike for quick bites. Pedro & Vinny's come to mind, as does some quick bites from the Bangkok 54 market. If you go further, I think Cynthia's Bakery is an option for saltenas? Sometimes there are trucks in the Food Star grocery store lot at George Mason & Columbia Pike.

Dona Bessy and the other dona place near Mr. Wash on Glebe offers pretty good pupusas, tamales, and the like.

South Arlington places go unnoticed....

You know, Pedro & Vinny's was closed for a LONG time, but there's something going on there now - it's reopened, and just in the past week or two, and I'm not entirely convinced it's the same place - I haven't actually driven in.

Tazza Kitchen is good. I didn't understand why they scrapped Cafe Caturra, but they did a good job with Tazza. I have been for brunch a couple times and drinks a few times. Atmosphere is good, service as well, and I like the food. Simple menu, most done pretty well. The pizza ovens put out good pizza but better bread. They have invested heavily in the drink program and have some good cocktails. But for the bartenders just going quite a bit overboard on the mixologist/hipster angle (suspenders, really?), hanging out at the bar is a good time. So good you forget that you are in a strip mall on South Glebe Road across from a Giant and an ABC store...Besides, what else are those of us in that neighborhood supposed to do, go eat on 23rd Street? What a disaster that strip is. A fact my neighbors remind me of daily. Hey, I tell them, I'm working on it...

Tazza Kitchen is good. I didn't understand why they scrapped Cafe Caturra, but they did a good job with Tazza. I have been for brunch a couple times and drinks a few times. Atmosphere is good, service as well, and I like the food. Simple menu, most done pretty well. The pizza ovens put out good pizza but better bread. They have invested heavily in the drink program and have some good cocktails. But for the bartenders just going quite a bit overboard on the mixologist/hipster angle (suspenders, really?), hanging out at the bar is a good time. So good you forget that you are in a strip mall on South Glebe Road across from a Giant and an ABC store...Besides, what else are those of us in that neighborhood supposed to do, go eat on 23rd Street? What a disaster that strip is. A fact my neighbors remind me of daily. Hey, I tell them, I'm working on it...

What about Mount Vernon Avenue? I was at The Dairy Godmother today, and was thrilled as always - it was hopping, too.

So now that this has spun off from the other thread--I am wondering if anyone has tried the place next to Arlington Cinema Drafthouse?

Btw, I think Arlington Cinema Drafthouse is serving a pretty nice niche--last season's movies with pretty alright food and nice beers on tap. I've taken advantage of their Unlimited movie ticket subscription for the past two years, and it hasn't disappointed me yet.