According to Some List Rockville is a "Top 10 Best Foodie City"

pras

I've been saying this for a long time. There's not much on the high end, but the range of non-chain offerings, the huge variety of ethnic options, in the low-to-mid price range, is pretty impressive. The range of Chinese choices alone probably puts it in the top 10 Chinatowns in the US.

Go look at Don's dining guide and look at the ridiculous number of listings in the Rockville heading(s). And about half of the Gaithersburg and Potomac lists are a few blocks from the Rockville border.

I've been saying this for a long time. There's not much on the high end, but the range of non-chain offerings, the huge variety of ethnic options, in the low-to-mid price range, is pretty impressive. The range of Chinese choices alone probably puts it in the top 10 Chinatowns in the US.

Go look at Don's dining guide and look at the ridiculous number of listings in the Rockville heading(s). And about half of the Gaithersburg and Potomac lists are a few blocks from the Rockville border.

Daniel--I agree on the ethnic dinning.  I cannot keep up with all of the Chinese spots.  I want to, but there are only so many days in the week.  I question the  list when it puts Omaha next to Rockville (full disclaimer, I have no idea what the dinning scene is like on Omaha or Duluth).