Tweaked

The Asian Art Museum of San Francisco is one of the world's most comprehensive collections of Asian art.  Their collection holds more than 18,000 pieces and the museum exhibits approximately 2,500 pieces.

When we visited they were in between major exhibitions, but the permanent collection is well worth your time.  We spent about 3 hours there and could have easily spent a couple more.

If you are a fan of the Sackler/Freer museums in DC, you will love the Asian Art Museum.

Current and upcoming exhibitions as of Sep 27, 2015, sorted by closing date:

Sep 04, 2014 - Oct 11, 2015: "First Look: Collecting Contemporary at the Asian"

Mar 02, 2015 - Nov 01, 2015: "Exquisite Nature: 20 Masterpieces of Chinese Painting (14th - 18th C.)"

Mar 23, 2015 - Nov 22, 2015: "Picturing Sound, Creating Mood"

Apr 16, 2015 - Dec 13, 2015: "Yoong Bae: Continuity and Pursuit"

Oct 30, 2015 - Feb 07, 2016: "Looking East: How Japan Inspired Monet, Van Gogh, and Other Western Artists"

"We have so much going on you'll never have to go home" <--- I love this.

As always, I want to thank Tweaked for all he does for us. Martin, things you write here may not always have an immediate impact, but I promise you they'll have a lasting, long-term utility, and that you'll never regret the work you do in writing them. I can't thank you enough, and I wish I had something more to give you than just a pat on the back and a sincere "thank you" (I feel the same about several other people here, obviously). Folks, a simple "thanks" in the form of a PM goes a long way - sometime, when you find yourself here with a few minutes of nothing to do, pick one of your favorite contributors here and send a little thank-you out-of-the-blue ... it will mean even more when it's least expected, and will not be forgotten.