Downtown Crown Wine and Beer

pras

I have visited Downtown Crown Wine and Beer a few times to browse their selection of beer.  I have never been a patron until this weekend.  It is located in the new Crown development in Gaithersburg, right by the Sam Eig exit from I-270.  As far as Montgomery County goes, they may have the best beer selection available (I can't speak to the wine).  In addition to their selection of bottles, they have 15 draft lines.  They sell beer by the glass and growler.  They also sell wine by the glass.  Food is limited to a few cheese/meat boards, and other little nibbles.  I went on Saturday with a few friends.  We sat outside, they had live music and we got to drink Alpine Nelson, which made its debut in Montgomery County and perhaps Maryland.  (As a side note, Alpine Nelson is one of the best beers I have ever had).  It was a great atmosphere, nice staff, and all in all we had a really nice time.  Prices for drafts here are about as good as it gets in Montgomery County.  Check them out if you are close by.

This is my second post about this place, but they really deserve a bump.  They continue to amaze me with the rare beers they bring to Montgomery County.  They announced today that they will have some offerings from Captain Lawrence both in bottles and on-tap.  Please check them out so they stay around for a long time!