Indian Food Trucks

Just had a lousy lunch at one of the many Indian food trucks in the area (Punjab Curry House). I've eaten at about half a dozen others, a few which were good, most which weren't, but I can't remember which were which.

Anybody want to help jog my memories?

Just had a lousy lunch at one of the many Indian food trucks in the area (Punjab Curry House). I've eaten at about half a dozen others, a few which were good, most which weren't, but I can't remember which were which.

Anybody want to help jog my memories?

Sorry, I'm drawing a blank - if any of them make dosas on an in-truck tawa, they may be worth trying. A lot of ethnic food trucks are owned by ethnic restaurants in the suburbs (as I'm sure you already know) - these are places you wouldn't frequent as restaurants, so they won't turn into worthwhile destinations as food trucks.

Food Trucks are charging what amounts to about $10 for sub-mediocre stuff - that's been my experience. Obviously, they're leaps and bounds better than the nasty hot-dog carts DC used to be known for, but I think a carryout sandwich at PotBelly is often better food for less money, as much as that pains me to say.

For someone of your experience, I think there's precious little glory to be found.