Ben's Upstairs (Formerly Ten 01), The Newest Restaurant from the Owners of Ben's Chili Bowl - Above Ben's at 1001 H Street NE

I attended a private birthday event here on 17 October. A limited bar was open and a sampling of their food items. Everything I tasted was delicious, or at least pretty darn good. They had a slider containing shrimp and something that was really good. They say they make all their bread in house -- and this was the best slider bun I've had. Also good was some kind of risotto. Sorry for the sketchy info, but I had enjoyed an excellent house-special Manhattan or two. They have about 10 beers on tap--all good ones; no throw-aways. There's also a roof-top bar. Wish I had reason to be up around H St more often.

Ben's Upstairs is hosting a "Rooftop Retreat" on Inauguration Day, from 11 AM to midnight.

We step up to honor what Washingtonians value most — our people, our community and our soulful strength in the face of adversity. Through its 58 years in business, the Ben’s Chili Bowl family has witnessed dramatic events in the community, the country and the world. The business has held strong through moments that challenged it to the core. It has persevered and proven its resilience time after time. True to its legacy of community service, Ben’s Upstairs invites you to our Rooftop Retreat, a place to rise above and lift our collective spirits.

12 p.m. moment of silence as inaugural oath is taken
Spinning oldies on the record player. Bring yours to play!
Brunch all day, plus dinner
Chill, converse, recharge, reflect, read
Play board games and cards (bring your own)
Southern tea party from 3 to 6 p.m. with finger sandwiches and our community cake
Community toast with Councilmember Charles Allen (invited) at 6 p.m. Cheers to our resilience!

There will also be a $10 breakfast buffet from 8-10 AM the following day before the Women's March.