Vocelli Pizza, a Pittsburgh-Based Pizza-Delivery Franchise with Several Dozen Maryland and Virginia Outlets

I've never had a Paisano's pizza in my life - is it worth it for emergency delivery? They have 25 locations in VA, MD, and DC as of this writing, and I just assumed it was a crummy national chain like Domino's.

There's some other chain that begins with a "V" that's the same - I've never had it before, and I always assumed it's a crummy national chain.

In searching for it, I found Veloce - has anyone been? On the surface, it looks like Ruth Gresser jumped about the fast-casual train.

No but I tried the similarly named Vocelli's once. Never tried it again. It's been so long that I don't really remember what put me off. Just mediocre all around. Before Paisanos opened up a location near me, I would order my pies from a local joint called Juliano's and I liked them but my main beef was the cheese to sauce to crust ratio. Too much crust, too much cheese, but not enough of the red stuff. Tried Paisanos on a whim and never went back. Now all this said, I'm someone who has never strayed from a plain slice. Okay I'll make an exception for Neapolitan Margheritas and White Clam Pies. So of the three joints I've mentioned, I can only speak for the plain jane cheese offerings. Still, of the three, Paisanos wins in basically every metric that actually matters (to me, anyway). The cheese to sauce ratio is spot-on, and I never ran into the problem of the first bite having that gloriously stretchy cheese that pulls away from your mouth in long strands before letting go and then the subsequent bites being... not that. Every bite is that. The sauce has a nice subtle kick to it. You might not even notice it your first bite, but it slowly reveals itself over time. I don't want to give you the wrong idea. This isn't spicy pizza. It is pizza that uses spices in a way I enjoy. It's good eats. It's not going to stand up to the better DC area joints like WiseGuys or 2Amys or (I could go on)... But it's damn good for munching on in the privacy of your own home

This is just my experience from my location. I cannot speak for any of the non-Alexandria locations.

On my Facebook, I recently mentioned I had a pizza delivered in record time: 16 minutes. It was from Paisanos

• Like 1

No but I tried the similarly named Vocelli's once. Never tried it again. It's been so long that I don't really remember what put me off. Just mediocre all around. 

For whatever it's worth, they feature discount coupons on their website (for example, their current offer is 25% off all pizzas).

You'll also be pleased to know that they sell "artisan pizzas" that have been "crafted" from family recipes:

post-2-0-83514500-1446222602_thumb.png <--- Spare me!

No but I tried the similarly named Vocelli's once. Never tried it again. It's been so long that I don't really remember what put me off. Just mediocre all around.

Did my residency in PGH. Vocelli's is gross.. Just gross.

Paisano's has a new fast-casual concept that opened up called Spinfire.

I think some Washington Redskin in involved with the project.

For whatever it's worth, they feature discount coupons on their website (for example, their current offer is 25% off all pizzas).

You'll also be pleased to know that they sell "artisan pizzas" that have been "crafted" from family recipes:

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2015-10-30 at 12.45.19.png

Spare me!

Screw that, Paisanos gives you free Garlic Knots with any order over 25 bucks (two-person household means this isn't hard to accomplish)