Petition To End Montgomery County DLC Monopoly

JMac

Hi all, not sure if this is the right forum but I will give it a shot. I am very active in the movement to break Montgomery County's monopoly on the sale of beer, wine and spirits. Adam Pugnacco recently launched a petition in support of abolishing the monopoly. If you are like minded, especially if you live, work and/or vote in Montgomery County, could you sign the petition here https://www.change.org/p/karen-montgomery-senate-state-md-us-brian-feldman-senate-state-md-us-susan-lee-senate-state-md-us-cheryl-kagan-senate-state-md-us-richard-madaleno-senate-state-md-us-roger-manno-senate-state-m-end-the-monopoly-let-the-voters-decide?recruiter=416270842&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink, add your comments and share it on social media?

Thanks,

Justin McInerny

Capital Beer & Wine

Bethesda

• Like 4

Signed.  This has always been a sore point with me.  I have talked to several restaurant owners who opened in DC instead of Maryland because of the MoCo monopoly makes it impossible to have a really good wine program.  Not just the lack of choices, or the costs that are really out of line with wholesale prices in surrounding areas, but the poor service and attitude from the county.

Thank you, I will be testifying next Monday in Rockville in support of a law proposed by Del. Frick, Sen. Feldman and others. The law would allow the retailers, bars and restaurants to purchase directly from the distributors. It would also allow retailers to sell liquor. It would be a referendum on the ballot next November. It would not go into effect until 2018. Meanwhile, Comptroller Franchot has said he will propose a law which does not go to referendum and does not wait until 2018. I have not seen the comptroller's proposed law. If I weren't so personally invested in it, I would say that it's quite interesting watching the situation develop if you are into the political process. Meanwhile, I just want the situation to improve for consumers, bars, restaurants and retailers. The status quo is maddening to say the least. If any one wants more information, please PM me.