High Maintenance Ordering - A Table for Four, Each with Differing Dietary Needs

StarStraf

So trying to pick a restaurant (ideally Friendship Heights / Bethesda) for a dinner for 4 but 3 of us are going to be high maintance ordering I assume this is really annoying ot the restaurant so I try to ask first from the email on the web site if they can accomodate us (and if not I understand and we will go there once we are no longer on diet and with other people).  But I am curious what restaurants think, what is the best way to order, should I do like I do and eamil in advance, and finally any suggestions for restaurants.

#1 No food restrictions

#2 Gluten Free

#3/#4 on very restrictive diet (no sauces, no butter in prep) Olive oil and salt fine, protein and veggies (and limited selection at that)

I know Chart House in Alexandria does fine with all this as this grouping has eaten there before.

Blacksalt looks good - will check with everyone - thanks

Blacksalt is a good idea - they do simply prepared fish preparations that should accommodate everyone (it's actually the vegetable preparations that I'd be more worried about - I'm not sure they have things like plain baked potatoes, but with a day's notice, I suspect that won't be a problem either).

I don't know restaurants in that area, but I remember taking our nieces and their friends to dinner in DC. We had 1 gluten free (me), 3 who would eat anything, 1 vegan and 1 who hated/hates everything. We chose Zaytinya, and 4 out of 5 of us really enjoyed the meal (yes, the one who hated everything did indeed hate everything, but she did eat). My experiences with the restaurants in Jose Andres' empire have always been good, as far as accommodating special diets.

• Like 1

I don't know restaurants in that area, but I remember taking our nieces and their friends to dinner in DC. We had 1 gluten free (me), 3 who would eat anything, 1 vegan and 1 who hated/hates everything. We chose Zaytinya, and 4 out of 5 of us really enjoyed the meal (yes, the one who hated everything did indeed hate everything, but she did eat). My experiences with the restaurants in Jose Andres' empire have always been good, as far as accommodating special diets.

Zaytinya and Dino have both handled dietary restrictions effortlessly for me in the past.