Thank You Don

Don has cultivated a phenomanal website, and utilized it to build a real community, where actual people meet in person to share food and drink and stories and life experiences. Throughout the years, this community has engaged in multiple philanthropic endeavors, big and small, that I dont recall occurring in any other forum. Even though I don't post much, I love this site and respect Don immensely.

I celebrate Festivus, so all of this "praise" needs a counterweight.

Don Rockwell is Keyser Soze - always around, nobody's every seen him. He once had dinner RIGHT NEXT to my wife and I at Toki Underground and never said a word.I mean, we have been online dating since the eGullet days and he's sitting right next to me and doesn't say bubkus. No Bueno, Don Rockwell.

I have also been advocating for my name to be changed from the generic "Leviathan" to something more apt, like "Pedantic Asshat" . Does Don Rockwell listen to his loyal members and act on their wishes? Nope.

Happy Festivus.

ETA - Nice.

Edited by B.A.R.
  • Like 2

My two cents also: thank you!  Up here in the peanut gallery, I continue to appreciate Don's stellar efforts that created this site, his curating and commenting on various chic-chic pit stops on DR.Com.

A wonderful resource for the hungry rabble in flea bitten burghs around the DC area!

My first real date with my now-wife was a DR.com dinner at the old Ray's the Steaks in Rosslyn.  And over a marriage and two kids, logging on from over three continents and 15+ countries, I'm still here.  What keeps someone coming back?  Je ne sais quoi.  But I do and I always breathe a sigh of relief knowing that I'll always have good dining intel when I'm back in DC, and some pretty good tips for other cities too.

Thank you Don.

• Like 5