Haitians Eat Dirt To Survive

DonRocks

Could you tell the difference between a $4 chicken, an $8/lb chicken and a $15/lb chicken?

Could I tell the difference?

Could the average Joe, who's never even heard of Poulet Rouge, Don Rockwell, Eric Ziebold, Chowhound or biodynamic, organic, free range, etc tell the difference?

I'm not trying to be jerky, I really don't know.

I *think* it's been proven that there's no difference in taste between the eggs of backyard, free range chickens and an Eastern Shore, bionic but caged-for-life bird's eggs.  Does the same go for the meat?

I totally get the difference from a philosophical point of view, but I wonder if I can taste the difference. And I can see why people (normal, everyday people just struggling to get by) are perfectly happy with what they find in the supermarket vs.the home grown chicken/pork/beef etc,at 2X, 3X, 4X the price.

It's all relative, man. I'll remove this post because I don't think it belongs in this thread, but just for perspective ...

Makes you want to walk around Port-au-Prince and hand out a $5 bill to everyone you see, doesn't it? I realize that wouldn't solve the problem, and you;d' get robbed, but it still makes you feel like it.