Local recs for a one night hotel stay in town as well as dinner

reedm

With another birthday rapidly approaching, the wife and I are thinking about spending the night in DC next weekend in order to avoid the long, sober drive to the Virginia suburbs.

Price is a consideration, so I'm thinking semi-high end. Who has opinions regarding the Park Hyatt, or similar properties?

I'm also open to restaurant recommendations. Our friends can't join us this week, so I don't want to go all out.  Leaning heavily towards a Trabocchi spot, but I'm open to other ideas. While I'll eat just about anything, my wife has somewhat simpler tastes, and typically avoids seafood (with the notable exception of Fiola Mare) She's also not keen on bar seating, but I'm willing to try to talk her into the Kinship bar.

Many thanks!

With another birthday rapidly approaching, the wife and I are thinking about spending the night in DC next weekend in order to avoid the long, sober drive to the Virginia suburbs.

Price is a consideration, so I'm thinking semi-high end. Who has opinions regarding the Park Hyatt, or similar properties?

I'm also open to restaurant recommendations. Our friends can't join us this week, so I don't want to go all out.  Leaning heavily towards a Trabocchi spot, but I'm open to other ideas. While I'll eat just about anything, my wife has somewhat simpler tastes, and typically avoids seafood (with the notable exception of Fiola Mare) She's also not keen on bar seating, but I'm willing to try to talk her into the Kinship bar.

Many thanks!

What about The Shack?

It would be tempting to stay at the Park Hyatt and eat at Blue Duck Tavern (isn't inside the Park Hyatt?) only because right now I could really use some ultimate laziness.

I had the same exact thought, and, yes, Blue Duck Tavern is indeed in the Park Hyatt. I've never stayed at the hotel so can't comment on that.

I stayed at the Park Hyatt in November and LOVED it!  Everything was perfect.  The service was impeccable.  The Asian-style decor was serene.  The breakfast at Blue Duck was scrumptious. I didn't want to leave.

• Like 1