Teff Flour

porcupine

Where can I find teff flour?  Bethesda Co-op has whole grain teff (Bob's Red Mill) but not flour.  I'll order it online if I have to, but would rather find a local source.

I actually have seen Bob's teff flour somewhere, but I can't remember where or when. I'd imagine your best bet might be an Ethiopian grocery/market. There are quite a few around Silver Spring (Tana, Temesgen) or Wheaton (Dessie), though they might only sell injera instead of the flour. Maybe give them a call and see!

Nile Restaurant at the corner of Kalmia, Georgia, and Eastern, on the DC side of Silver Spring has a market on the other side which I have actually never gone into. I think it's under same ownership. Could try them, or any of the number of other Ethiopian markets in Downtown Silver Spring as previously noted.

This is pretty far from you, but Showa Baltena Market, an Ethiopian grocery on South George Mason Drive in Falls Church (near the Skyline shopping center) carries teff (grown in Idaho!). It also carries a selection of Amish foods and products. 

https://share.america.gov/ethiopians-build-largest-u-s-community-in-d-c/

On 2/10/2016 at 9:50 AM, Tweaked said:

please let us know how it turns out, your technique etc.  Sounds like a fun project! 

It was a disaster. The mesir wat I made the same night was decent, though in the future I'll make my own berbere. I don't know what to try next for injera, though.