Yin Yankee, Pan-Asian, Japanese Fusion on Main Street in Annapolis, and Formerly Bethesda - All Locations Have Closed

Does anyone know if the Yin Yankee in Bethesda is open yet? It's supposed to be on Fairmont.....and was supposed to open this past Fall, but I haven't heard anything (or driven by there lately).

Thanks!

Don't think that it is open yet. I went to a business party that was catered by them...very good and interesting. Kobe beef skewers with shitakes and purple potatoes, vast sushi display (rice cooked perfectly), lobster spring rolls, plus more that I forget.

Don't think that it is open yet. I went to a business party that was catered by them...very good and interesting. Kobe beef skewers with shitakes and purple potatoes, vast sushi display (rice cooked perfectly), lobster spring rolls, plus more that I forget.

We ate at the Annapolis Yin Yankee one time and was pretty impressed (and wasn't expecting to be). I, unfortunately, was pregnant at the time, so I didn't eat any of the sushi, but my husband proclaimed a piece of Salmon Sashimi to be one of the best he's ever had. I also remember our server being extremely knowledgabout and passionate about the food and menu. Hope that's the case with the Bethesda location!!

Well, if you spring for the quarter and dial 411, Verizon local and national long distance has no listing. So, probably not open.

Not even a number in Connecticut?

Yankee Doodle went to town,

A-Riding on a pony;

He stuck a feather in his hat,

And called it macaroni.

It's a terrible name.

apparently the opening is a ways off- my friend walked by the other night and said it's still got a ways to go.

i emailed them so hopefully i'll get a ballpark date and post it here if i find out.

I emailed them as well, no response yet.

Just a heads up, this place has not been in Bethesda for about 7 years. I started a job in 2008 and the signs were still up, but said it was closed. Maybe 6 months later it became 'Relic' and that lasted maybe two years or so before it closed.

That street, Fairmont, has become an extremely construction heavy road. One 15 story apartment complex is completed and slowly filling up with tenants, while a bigger one, on the grounds of the former Foong Lin and Sweet Basil, is about 60 to 70% complete - with mostly interior work needing to be completed before it starts signing tenants.

I guess both Yin Yan kee and Relic were too bad at what they do or too ahead of the influx of more residential customers.

Just a heads up, this place has not been in Bethesda for about 7 years.

Indeed - that's why I moved the thread in here, but I should have changed the title. Also, I didn't realize they had closed in Annapolis Mall as well - they no longer exist.

I never cared for the name, but a lot of people really liked Yin Yankee.

Just for a memory shot, here's a photo of it, which appears to have originally been on Yelp (hey, credit where credit is due):

post-2-0-28058200-1427663063_thumb.png

If anyone can find a menu, that would be great, too (I can't emphasize how important it is to post menus from time-to-time - not just links to websites, but actual, downloaded, and re-uploaded, menus, as we're going to be around a lot longer than every single restaurant and why *not* have a repository for future generations?)

On a related note, in the Is -> Was thread, I can find five restaurants that were located at 4936 Fairmont Ave. in Bethesda, but can find no information about openings and closings - if anyone has an idea (or, even knows what order they came in), please write me so I can fill in the gaps. Someone called me nuts for trying to keep tabs of every DC restaurant; well, at least that's doable; this thread *is* nuts, and is the definition of futility without any possibility of future reward.