Heather (Marathon)

I had to buy new shorts for our trip, and a new bathing suit. It's nice to buy new stuff because the old is too big, rather than the other way 'round. I may earn those Christian Louboutin espadrilles yet.
Talk about weird coincidences...I was reading through this thread (including the post above) when an email from Saks advertising the new Louboutin collection popped up in my inbox. I'm choosing to interpret it as a sign, and will be picking out a pair as an incentive. :(

Add rice and soy to seafood, dairy, eggs, and commercially prepared stuff prohibited on the low-iodine diet. I think I said last year that I survived on calcium supplements, salad, fruit, steak, and red wine. :(
Given New Year's resolution, that would be supplements, salad, fruit and steak :( . Meanwhile, you should have time to indulge in at least one more tall, custardy quiche with onion confit...

Talk about weird coincidences...I was reading through this thread (including the post above) when an email from Saks advertising the new Louboutin collection popped up in my inbox. I'm choosing to interpret it as a sign, and will be picking out a pair as an incentive. :(
Waitman has been whispering in your ear, hasn't he!?

Given New Year's resolution, that would be supplements, salad, fruit and steak :(
That resolution was broken weeks ago. :(
Meanwhile, you should have time to indulge in at least one more tall, custardy quiche with onion confit...
I'll be making one of those tomorrow. :blink:

Seriously, as long as I get a clean scan (cancer free) at the end of March I can put up with any amount of dietary BS.

(Feel free to skip the first para - my medical history is boring but the writing is therapeutic. :mellow:)

I had a long visit to my endocrinologist yesterday, and the result is a big set of blood tests, some of which will be used to measure vitamins B12 & D deficiencies as a cause of my fatigue and various other symptoms. Doc advised me to increase my calcium and vitamin D supplements; the thyroid and parathyroid play a large part in regulating calcium & vitamin D levels within the body (Wikipedia description of the effects of thyroid surgery), and when they are gone supplements are necessary.

I also have clearance to do a little more tanning to increase vitamin D production, and my various meds have been tweaked. That, along with additional supplements of calcium, D, and B12 should help increase my energy levels and help reverse the weight gain.

Diet has been pretty stable, with the exception of breakfast. I've eliminated fruit and milk at breakfast, and limited carbohydrates to a 15 gram serving.

Lost one pound so far.