Breakfast - The Early-Morning, Polyphonic Food Blog

txaggie

Just now having breakfast after getting lunches made, the kids dressed and off to day camp, running to the pediatrician to drop off school health forms, home depot for paint, and the grocery store. :P

Turkey on rye, and a diet Coke (with Splenda) because I am feeling insufficiently caffeinated.

g'morning! Since I am new here, I thought I would start with breakfast....same as per usual....coffee, Peanut butter & jelly sandwich (mom's homemade jelly), fresh fruit...and more coffee.

Excellent.

And welcome.

Returning to civilization after eating tons of trail dust in the Desolation Wilderness-

post-46-1122007899_thumb.jpg

time for a hot breakfast that doesn't taste freeze-dried. Only one place will do: Red Hut Waffle Shop in South Lake Tahoe.

post-46-1122007254_thumb.jpg

We had the specials: fresh strawberry pancakes and a four-egg omelet with scallion, tomatoes, avocado, jack cheese and sour cream, side of hash browns with a good amount of tabasco, and ice. cold. milk.

post-46-1122007213_thumb.jpg

Edited by crackers

Corned beef hash, two organic eggs over easy, sourdough toast with blackberry jam, a pot of Ceylon vanilla bourbon tea and a glass of apricot juice, post-46-1122088600_thumb.jpgat the Pine Cone Diner in Pt. Reyes Station. post-46-1122088688_thumb.jpg Jet fuel. A run on the beach at Drake's Bay assuaged the guilt. A little. :Ppost-46-1122088715_thumb.jpg

Blueberry buckwheat pancakes cooked over an open fire somewhere out in the wild of Pennsylvania - served up with hot italian sausages and espresso from a little propane contraption or French pressed coffee.

Camping has never been so good!

Blueberry buckwheat pancakes cooked over an open fire somewhere out in the wild of Pennsylvania - served up with hot italian sausages and espresso from a little propane contraption or French pressed coffee. 

Camping has never been so good!

That actually sounds like one of those "Fun-Time Any-Time Meals."

Toasted everything bagel (from Bagel City), cream cheese, smoked wild salmon, slices of tomato and vidalia. Very bad coffee.

Our coffeemaker poured water all over our counter and shorted out this morning. :P Might be time for a new one.