To Whom Are You Drinking Right Now?

starfish

To my black maple, a unique tree in a forest of sameness, as the chainsaws sing a death knell. You were at least twice my age, and I know you were wiser than I will ever be. May your spirit find peace wherever it is that trees go next.

Discovery - Thanks for the fly-by!

I was thrilled that BLPreschooler's class went outside for the fly-by. I remember exactly where I was when Columbia first launched.

(Sadly, I also remember exactly where I was when both Challenger and Columbia were lost...)

Looking forward to going to see Discovery in person soon. Even if McDonalds is the only food concession!

Happy 89th birthday to my late mom and dad, the greatest parents who ever lived. (Yes, they were born the same day, on the same year, and stayed married - as they promised one another - until death did them part). I love you both and miss you every single day. All three of your children and all five of your grandchildren miss you terribly - what does that tell you about what type of parents and grandparents you were to us? Your loving son, Don

Junior Seau.

I watched the 94 Superbowl (which took place in january 95--the nfl makes me nuts) at a sports bar in Winnieg with a large group of women in town to see Keanu Reees in Hamlet the next day.

I grew up on football. My most vivid memories of my mother, gone since 1985, are of her jumping up and fown while watching the game on tv.

I'm not watching this season. And I recycled the little guy's Saints jersey after the bounty scandal.

Somehow I feel dirty for having been a fan all those years.

Sigh...

Junior Seau.

I watched the 94 Superbowl (which took place in january 95--the nfl makes me nuts) at a sports bar in Winnieg with a large group of women in town to see Keanu Reees in Hamlet the next day.

I grew up on football. My most vivid memories of my mother, gone since 1985, are of her jumping up and fown while watching the game on tv.

I'm not watching this season. And I recycled the little guy's Saints jersey after the bounty scandal.

Somehow I feel dirty for having been a fan all those years.

Sigh...

Ditto. The head injury issue came up today in Tom Boswell's weekly WaPo chat. It may send the NFL the way of Pro Boxing.

I couldn't count the number of times I read his books to my children. They liked them almost s much as I did.

“And Max, the king of all wild things, was lonely and wanted to be where someone loved him best of all.”

Who am I toasting today? Well, duh!

post-2-0-44509700-1336940980_thumb.jpg

Happy Mother's Day, mom! :):(

And speaking <<en avance>> by proxy to my mom's equal, and to one of the greatest human beings, and absolutely one of the greatest mothers, ever to walk the face of the earth: Happy Mother's Day, Thérèse (La Fête des Mères, 2012, sera le 3 Juin en France).

Et toi aussi, <<Tante>> Tatie. :wub: