1558 replies to this topic

#1551 sistinas

sistinas

shrimp

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:53 PM

Hi fellow board members,

My name is Elizabeth, I'm a  long time lurker who figured it was about time I contributed.  I grew up near Philadelphia but moved down to Montgomery County years back to work for NIH and am currently with NIAMS (Arthritis Institute) and live in North Bethesda.  Not a great cook though Penzey's has really helped improve my game but I  love to eat out though I am usually limited by my budget to the more affordable bites and really appreciate the recommendations. I don't really know anybody "in the business" aside from I knew Andy Myers way back when he worked at Zenith comics and am proud of how far he's come!

#1552 Al Dente

Al Dente

CEO of Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:06 AM

Welcome Sistinas!

Michael O

Praise be!

#1553 NPMelody

NPMelody

I Just Made My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 02:08 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post for this community. My name is Nuttha but please call me Mea. I am an Asian girl and I just recently graduated in culinary field for associate degree from AI. I am good in Asian cuisine especially Thai food however I am able to cook for international cuisine as well. I am also able to do the baking well. At this moment, I am looking for a job in culinary field. I notice that this website is a nice community. I will be a good friend and good member for the community. Please feel free to reply my topic in the future.

Cheers.

Mae

• DonRocks likes this

#1554 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,086 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 10:46 AM

Hi all,

This is my first post for this community. My name is Nuttha but please call me Mea. I am an Asian girl and I just recently graduated in culinary field for associate degree from AI. I am good in Asian cuisine especially Thai food however I am able to cook for international cuisine as well. I am also able to do the baking well. At this moment, I am looking for a job in culinary field. I notice that this website is a nice community. I will be a good friend and good member for the community. Please feel free to reply my topic in the future.

Cheers.

Mae

Hi Nuttha,

Is it Mea or Mae? You typed both! 

Welcome, and we're all glad to have you here, and looking forward to learning from you.

Cheers,

Rocks

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#1555 ChefEdHoo

ChefEdHoo

I Just Made My First Post!

• 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

Howdy All!

I'm a bit of a lurker, but it was about time to join up. I'm Ed Hardy, a chef here in the DMV. I've been around a bit, originally from Richmond, long residences in C'ville, DC, and NYC. Back here for the long haul, and I've finally got my own business venture, the Bacon N Ed's Mobile Gourmet Kitchen. Here to keep in the loop about events, recruit some help, and confirm/deny vicious rumors about my colleagues. 

Cheers!
Ed

Attached Files

#1556 DelRayDiva

DelRayDiva

Brooks Robinson

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:30 PM

Hey Y'all!

I've been a lurker here for years but for some reason I just got off my are and registered.

I'm originally from the midwest and moved out here 20 years ago. I spend most of my time in the Alexandria neighborhoods of Del Ray (home) or Old Town.

I've been in love with the DC food scene since I first strolled into town. I am always looking for new experiences or hole in the wall places that are doing great things!

My favorite food experience has to be the secret pop up dinner parties in people's homes that a collection of chefs in Portland, Oregon were doing back in the early 1990s. It was awesome.

I have always wanted to join the discussion but really don't feel like I have enough experience or chops to have a vslid opinion. Y'all are so kind so perhaps, I consider dropping a thought once in a while! :)

Til then!
  • DonRocks likes this

#1557 Katya4me

Katya4me

Hat Trick

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 02:03 PM

Hi all,

My name's Katie and I work in DC.  My friends and I have a Monday night dinner group and like to explore the various restaurants in the area, primarily in MoCo and NoVA.  At present, we've visited 183, some are once and done while others have become favorites that we keep going back to.  I'm always looking for new restaurants to try and stumbled across this community.  Hope to learn more and possibly share some knowledge based on my experiences.   

• DonRocks likes this

#1558 DonRocks

DonRocks

leviathan

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,086 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:09 PM

At present, we've visited 183

:blink:

dcdining.com - Restaurant Reviews - Facebook <--- LIKE Meeeeeeee! Twitter <--- FOLLOW Meeeeeeee!

If you're a member here, please Friend me personally on Facebook (send me a message with your screen name, please, so I know which member you are!)

#1559 Katya4me

Katya4me

Hat Trick

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

:blink:

I created a spreadsheet to track them and it dates back to 2008 but I may have missed some.   Our current total is 341 dinners and I have about 25 restaurants that look like they would be interesting to visit in the future.

• squidsdc and porcupine like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users